My miserable Saturday

I'm psoting it on here since it involves my bike but I guess it could be placed elsewhere...cuz it's mostly about ME!!!

It started out at 7:00am when my buddy and I went to pick up a load of firewood to take to the REZ...got home and decided to unload some of it inot my truck so his isn't overflowing...that trip is a whole nuther story...

I get home and decide to take my bike to the shop to let them do the fork seals, while there check the front brakes for leaks cuz they're soaked...Now, I have (had...since removed) a tool box in my truck bed which made me have to rest the rear end of the bike on the tail gate. I figured this is a very short drive (less than 1 mile) NO PROBLEM right???. I drop the gate, place my POS plank ramp against the gate and proceed to load the bike. I am alone mind you so I have placed a step stool next to the ramp to help me get up into the bed :thumb:. I get the front end into the bed, I'm on the top step but can't keep the momentum going so I struggle with it and manage to get it in. I lean it over so I can get all the way up into the bed. I stand it up...I step back onto the gate just when :shocked: the cables decide to snap!!!!:foul:I drop down onto the ground, bike falls over and halfway out of the bed. I land on my feet but slam my knee and thigh into the gate:foul:. I limp around :cripple:cursing and mumbling all kinds of obscenities...I finally compose myself, place the ramp against the NOW drooping gate :cry:, get in the truck and lower the bike onto the ground. Now that I can't rest the rear end on the gate, I decide to go ahead and remove the tool box...uneventful process WOO...HOOO :banana:. WIth that out of the way I can now place the POS ramp agasint the truck. The reason I call it a POS ramp is because I had mounted (screwed) a piece of sheetmetal onto the end so it could act as a "lip" and hod onto wheatever surface it is placed onto. GREAT IDEA HUH???:thumb: but I neglected to use bolts thru with nuts on the opposite side, instead I used wood screws...:bonk:. I get the bike loaded, tie downs are hooked on but not tight. I step onto the ramp with my right foot and just as I raise my left foot the metal piece comes off...it comes the F off, the ramp slides backwards with me on it once again...slamming to the ground. All my wieght is on my right foot, my ankle takes all the force I think it's broken. I limp around yelling explitives and cursing like a trucker into the garage... I grab a cold beer, lean against the workbench, down the beer, re-compose myself ...now that I have calmed my nerves I finish tightening the straps and proceeed to the shop...I drop off the bike without incident...:banana:...I get home park my truck, go into he house to mop the floor as I promised my wife I would (now with a limp)...I mop myself right out the back door so I go around to the garage and notice the front tire is flat...W...T...F did I do to deserve ALL of this CRAP??????:foul: I take the tire off and see if it's due to a nail or ? but NOOOOO it is due to a crack in the side wall as was shown to me by my son (the local tire guy) just the weekend before when he was changing my oil. He says, Dad you're going to need tires pretty soon, see these little cracks by the treads "all the way around"? ...UH HUH...well, they may appear to be small but they CAN cause a problem. Well, he was right. I go to get some tires...get the tire guy discount :thumb:. The only way THAT's going to happen is by paying cash and he goes to The tire warehouse to get them, BUT it's late and they're close AND are closed on Sundays. We can take of it on Monday right???...ok. I go into his work this morning to have the lugs tightened on the spare and while there I'm thinking I can at least get some price...nope CAN'T :foul:, warehouse is closed :foul:can't even get a quote but did get a guesstimate....What in Theeee HELL did I do for ALL this SHeeeZILE to happen in one stinken day??????:bleep:

How as your day......:cry:

CDA, please insert thread worthless without pics here :lol: Sorry, but wow!

Some days you're the hammer......

Pictures were the last thing in my mind (at the moment)...I did think of that this morning when I was sitting with my wife drking my coffee. I was also thiing damn, I wonder if any of my neighbors saw that...I'm sure they heard me! :foul:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sorry to hear of your sucky day! I know exactly how you feel!

Get on that pig and ride extra this week to make up for the calamity!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

If my fricken ankels did n't hurt so much I would have...the thought was there! They were at the gate doing what appeared to me as '''laughing"!

omfg ! that's just to much right there.:lol: I'd rather have the neighbors laughing at me then the dogs.:lol: Just seams like the dogs are always hanging out for the good stuff anyways, There always around.:lol:

so is the ankle broke. it's not right,you still took the truck to the tire store. I didn't here the word Eroom.:thumb:

We have a great bike heavy wooden ramp so I can drive my bike right up into the truck. It weighs about 200 pounds. My dad took one side and I took the other, we were carrying it to the truck and I slipped and fell. The ramp came down and landed right on my knee cap. That hurt like a bitch! Then I about dropped my bike out of the truck because the bed was so slippery about, oh, well, umm..... everytime we went to move it. So 4 times. God damn I hate winter! Everything's a sacarfice! :foul::foul::foul::foul::foul:
:foul::foul::foul::foul::foul:

Do you have a Chevy Silverado by chance? Or maybe a GMC?

Tail gate cable recall! Google it if you own one and didnt know about it. I dont recall which years it is for. I think 2000-2004?

Sorry for your crappy day. Look at it this way...now you got the real crappy day out of the way. Your not due for another one that bad for a long time:thumb:

I bet we could have a 6 page thread on loading mishaps. Almost everyone has had one. One of my funniest and luckiest was pulling on my tie down strap. My bike was loaded the night before and I left the straps loose. They were a little moist from the morning dew. I was in the back of my truck and my butt was on the edge of the truck bed next to the bike when I decided to take both hands and pull on the strap to tighten it. I pull and lean back at the same time but because the strap was wet my hands slid down the the strap and I ended up going all the way over and out of the truck upside down almost landing on my head! Like a slow motion back flip:lol: Funny as heck now and Im sure was funny as hell to see.
Then there was the time....never mind. Lets just say I have created a few bruises and a couple of stories personally.

Do you have a Chevy Silverado by chance? Or maybe a GMC?

Tail gate cable recall! Google it if you own one and didnt know about it. I dont recall which years it is for. I think 2000-2004?

Sorry for your crappy day. Look at it this way...now you got the real crappy day out of the way. Your not due for another one that bad for a long time:thumb:

You got some roost for this one...:thumb:...I'll definately check into it...Mother F'ers broke right where they bend. I said words "I" didn't even think I knew.....:shocked:...:rant:...:rant:...:foul:

CDA, please insert thread worthless without pics here :lol: Sorry, but wow!

Some days you're the hammer......
Sorry late to the party, but here you go...:thumb:
TSP.gif

Sorry late to the party, but here you go...:thumb:
TSP.gif

No body was around to take pictures...:smirk:..that I know of..:devil:...ya just have to visualise this one! Standing on the tailgate facing the cab when the gate drops...kind of like a trap door...THEN standing on the ramp facing the other way when the ramp decides to slide away from the truck...

PRICELESS

I must admit this does not sound like one of the better mornings. :smirk: I too have had loading ramp issues as most have. They always slip off the gate right when you put all your weight on them. :rant:As for the dogs, priceless. :wave: