My miserable Saturday

I'll add a picture of a ramp. There was no other choice then to ride up this one. At least I didn't have to worry about the tailgate dropping.:smirk:

CopperCity2AftonCyn044.jpg

So there really is a sand wash with a ramp. :thinking: I never came across this nice little obstacle. This looks like it could be entertaining.

James

Staff member
....and that's another reason I just throw my bike into my trailer, that and I'm short. :P

:lol: I hope I wasn't the only one laughing while reading that, I know it's not supposed to be funny but damn it still is. :lol:

How's the ankle, is it actually broken?

So Rez, I can appreciate your crappy Saturday but I'm just wondering if you, like I did, slid off the roof like frick'n Clark Griswold? That's exactly what I did. Like a MoFo'n octopus falling out of a tree - flat on my back, wham on the ground. Took me twenty minutes just to figure out I could still breath. Yep, my weekend sucked too. :thumb: Misery does love company:smirk:

Man I hate when stuff like that happens. Glad you were not hurt too seriously. That could have been really bad.
I've always thought it is good to have a second person when loading bikes into trucks, cause shit can happen quickly and both you and the bike are kinda high up.

Glad to see that you are basically all right Rez. Coming in the near future, a last weekend story that could have resulted in someone dying... :shocked: Stay tuned.

I'll add a picture of a ramp. There was no other choice then to ride up this one. At least I didn't have to worry about the tailgate dropping.:smirk:

CopperCity2AftonCyn044.jpg

Tell me this is not that spot we rode to and kicked back. You DID NOT bring that ramp did you:devil::lol:

Tell me this is not that spot we rode to and kicked back. You DID NOT bring that ramp did you:devil::lol:

No, this is a totally different area. Also, I'm not the one that supplied the ramp. I'm also thinking it's not a heavily run wash. That day of the picture, you could still see the 4x4 tracks from the person that supplied it.

No, this is a totally different area. Also, I'm not the one that supplied the ramp. I'm also thinking it's not a heavily run wash. That day of the picture, you could still see the 4x4 tracks from the person that supplied it.

So that ramp was placed there temp? Did you use it? If so was it there on the way back? Where is this? Oco? Mojave?

I bet we could have a 6 page thread on loading mishaps. Almost everyone has had one. One of my funniest and luckiest was pulling on my tie down strap. My bike was loaded the night before and I left the straps loose. They were a little moist from the morning dew. I was in the back of my truck and my butt was on the edge of the truck bed next to the bike when I decided to take both hands and pull on the strap to tighten it. I pull and lean back at the same time but because the strap was wet my hands slid down the the strap and I ended up going all the way over and out of the truck upside down almost landing on my head! Like a slow motion back flip:lol: Funny as heck now and Im sure was funny as hell to see.
Then there was the time....never mind. Lets just say I have created a few bruises and a couple of stories personally.

:thumb:...I know I'm not the only one this or anything else has ever happend to but I felt it necessary to "blog it".....

So that ramp was placed there temp? Did you use it? If so was it there on the way back? Where is this? Oco? Mojave?

I think it's permanent. We did ride up it, and also down. I will say, going down was worst, then going up. :eek: I also promised a local, I wouldn't openly talk about this area, although I just turned 530ktm on to it recently. I'm thinking I'll be spending a weekend there for Presidents, you, and whoever else would like to ride, is welcome.

Here is the RR from the day of the ramp if you're interested.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/ride-reports/59-my-name-timoyz-im-$$hole.html

Edit: Sorry for the hijack Rez. :focus:

Don't tell James on me. :kissass:

I think it's permanent. We did ride up it, and also down. I will say, going down was worst, then going up. :eek: I also promised a local, I wouldn't openly talk about this area, although I just turned 530ktm on to it recently. I'm thinking I'll be spending a weekend there for Presidents, you, and whoever else would like to ride, is welcome.

Here is the RR from the day of the ramp if you're interested.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/forum/ride-reports/59-my-name-timoyz-im-$$hole.html

Edit: Sorry for the hijack Rez. :focus:

Don't tell James on me. :kissass:

:shocked: Yeah still waiting on this, glad it didn't turn out in the worst way. :thumb:

:devil::smirk:

Rottin bastages all of ya's........:foul:...........:smirk: