Master Hack

0Z5eG3q.jpg

Twist Teflon tape into rope and tuck. This is fuel resistant but it the old ring is still in tact you can use the regular stuff just less of it and place the rubber on top. Just adds the girth lost by repeated compression. My ring was torn so I had to replace it entirely with tape and it worked well.

Thats what I'm talkin bout! With a nice photo as well.
I remember you mentioned teflon tape and I was thinking about it but wasn't sure if teflon was compatible with gasoline. So I came in to check the puter, and voila, there it is, just like I had envisioned it should look.
Old o-ring is still intact, just flat. Just need something to get me to the track tomorrow.
Thanks @2Wheels :rocker:!

Teflon pipe dope in a can ..... local home center ....
Yeah that works good for pipes, but the roll kind works quite well for this purpose - no mess, no scraping the bowl with a wire brush later (not that bowl you :pothead:'s), no cleanup, no goop.
I just put a roll in my tool kit for this very purpose.

Piece of wood with a chunk of serpentine drive belt screwed in to the top.....hopefully it will last longer than the guide did in original form.

View attachment 31927 View attachment 31928
Steve you are creative! I had a 86-yz-125,{I have enjoyed the privilege of owning the following yz's, 76 and 83 yz 100, a nice 84 yz-125, and of course the 86!} I wore out my chain slider by the swing arm pivot bolt, and I didn't have the clams to pay for a new one, so I used fiber glass and bondo to fill in the worn parts. I proceeded to sand and pant it, it looked pretty close to the real thing, but after a few rides and a few empty containers of bondo, I bought a new one.....

Steve you are creative! I had a 86-yz-125,{I have enjoyed the privilege of owning the following yz's, 76 and 83 yz 100, a nice 84 yz-125, and of course the 86!} I wore out my chain slider by the swing arm pivot bolt, and I didn't have the clams to pay for a new one, so I used fiber glass and bondo to fill in the worn parts. I proceeded to sand and pant it, it looked pretty close to the real thing, but after a few rides and a few empty containers of bondo, I bought a new one.....

You have no clue. He's my pick of the litter. Or, maybe he is just "litter".

Hey Steve... :finger: