Malaysia Airlines Flight 370!

If they ever get the flight simulator that the pilot had at home to "talk" it should show the probability of a pilot suicide etc. I go with Geek on the possibility of a large terrorist group setting it up though. Unless they really twisted their approach to what they have been doing for the last 50 years.
You gotta think that these groups are always trying to change it up. That said, they are probably all at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

You gotta think that these groups are always trying to change it up. That said, they are probably all at the bottom of the Indian Ocean.
Yeah, probably the outcome, but the circumstances will be interesting to find out.

I heard something about the black box pings for 30 days. After that does it become exponentially harder to find on the bottom of the ocean?

Yeah, probably the outcome, but the circumstances will be interesting to find out.

I heard something about the black box pings for 30 days. After that does it become exponentially harder to find on the bottom of the ocean?
Yep. More debris spotted now. I sure hope the ships find it shortly. Seems like that will be the case.

Now it seems like the media has done a complete 180 on this event. At the beginning you could not turn the tv on or see a news Facebook post without hearing or reading something about MH370. Now it appears to have been dropped from coverage all together. I know our local talk radio guys were blasting Fox and CNN for their "wall to wall" coverage and the use of so called "experts". Very tragic event in our lifetime no doubt.

Now it seems like the media has done a complete 180 on this event. At the beginning you could not turn the tv on or see a news Facebook post without hearing or reading something about MH370. Now it appears to have been dropped from coverage all together. I know our local talk radio guys were blasting Fox and CNN for their "wall to wall" coverage and the use of so called "experts". Very tragic event in our lifetime no doubt.

The topic has lost it's (media) luster... waiting for "news" was like watching paint dry. Once the wreckage is located it'll start back up...

Pretty damn funny....(sorry if already possted)

http://youtu.be/krFN7jHKNNo

Yeah, noticed that right away. Nothing really new there though. Maybe someone told them there were other things happening too, in other places:noidea:

Just saw on tv….a lawyer said in regards to the victims family's that since this tragedy was not they're fault then of course they must be compensated…….well of course, hey if I drop my cell phone in the water and it stops working….that aint my fault I didn't design the phone and I didn't put the water there….and if I burn myself after spilling hot coffee on me…that aint my fault, I didn't make the coffee hot and I didn't make a cup that wasn't spill proof I should be compensated right??? get a grip people….s**t happens and unless there is gross negligence involved you need to chalk this up to life and get on with it. hopefully these people had life insurance polices on they're loved ones, that's what responsible people do, but now days everybody else is responsible

Before even chatting this one, checking out what the airline ticket agreement consists of is a good idea. Heck. We all might need to know some day.

Before even chatting this one, checking out what the airline ticket agreement consists of is a good idea. Heck. We all might need to know some day.
I searched it (airline ticket agreements) and could not make heads or tails of it, the airline could be liable for injury or death but there seem to be many vague caveats that make it difficult to understand what lets the airline off the hook unless you happen to be Ben Matlock, however just the tone of what that lawyer said upset me, implying that in general if something is not your fault then you should be compensated, it's basically a commentary on how less self dependent our society has become. but I totally welcome your idea of someone(smarter than me) to figure what the agreement actually means in real terms to travelers.

Just saw on tv….a lawyer said in regards to the victims family's that since this tragedy was not they're fault then of course they must be compensated…….well of course, hey if I drop my cell phone in the water and it stops working….that aint my fault I didn't design the phone and I didn't put the water there….and if I burn myself after spilling hot coffee on me…that aint my fault, I didn't make the coffee hot and I didn't make a cup that wasn't spill proof I should be compensated right??? get a grip people….s**t happens and unless there is gross negligence involved you need to chalk this up to life and get on with it. hopefully these people had life insurance polices on they're loved ones, that's what responsible people do, but now days everybody else is responsible
Well put.:thumb: It is always "somebody else's" fault.:picard:

I understand the tone thing. But you have to remember, each of us works in industries where some of the people that hear what we say are going to get up about any tone that doesn't sound very consoling. Unless the plane got knocked out by lighting etc making it turn, there is some liability there. Period. Captain did the suicide thing? Looks somewhat likely at least. Big liability there. I have a couple of tank trucks. If someone driving for me decides to run one off a cliff to kill himself and hits you or your family, I would like think I wasn't going to get dragged into court, but I know better.

I understand the tone thing. But you have to remember, each of us works in industries where some of the people that hear what we say are going to get up about any tone that doesn't sound very consoling. Unless the plane got knocked out by lighting etc making it turn, there is some liability there. Period. Captain did the suicide thing? Looks somewhat likely at least. Big liability there. I have a couple of tank trucks. If someone driving for me decides to run one off a cliff to kill himself and hits you or your family, I would like think I wasn't going to get dragged into court, but I know better.
That may be the way it is....I was just saying it's BS....and all I can do about it is rant