Malaysia Airlines Flight 370!

FYI the "pings" in the water would come from the blackbox, which is completely independent and can't be turned off without destroying it. The satellite pings were coming from the communications systems.

I don't remember what my point was but I had one :prof: :lol:

FYI the "pings" in the water would come from the blackbox, which is completely independent and can't be turned off without destroying it. The satellite pings were coming from the communications systems.

Not to :deadhorse: however I thought they said the PINGs from the black box will begin to deminish due to battery failure... of which I too thought they said only lasted several days...

James

Staff member
Not to :deadhorse: however I thought they said the PINGs from the black box will begin to deminish due to battery failure... of which I too thought they said only lasted several days...
Correct the battery will eventually die, however it's supposed to "ping" for a minimum of 30 days.

Yeah, not much chance of saving it when your shot down like that. i spose someones ass is gonna be in a sling over this.further more, if i ever have the chance to fly with Malaysia Air I know what my choice will be.