All LPNF - Sat 9 Oct - 8am - Edison stagin area

Hey guys, Ed and I are runnin up to the LPNF Saturday morning. We are meeting at 8am at the Edison Stagin area in Hungry valley. figure on an intermediate ride, 40-50 miles, back down off the mountain in the early afternoon.

With the recent rains, the dirt should be perfect. it was great last week, I could only imagine how good it will be after these rains.

come join us...

Perfect soil is right, it should be great!

I have a girl's ride planned in the dez this weekend. It should be a hoot!:goofy:

I hope we ride again before the forest is closed Sgt.. Time is starting to run out. You just never know when Mother Nature is going to strike. Each ride may be your last for the season up there so enjoy it. I know you do, practically every weekend you lucky dawg! Sheesh!

:ride:

Perfect soil is right, it should be great!

I have a girl's ride planned in the dez this weekend. It should be a hoot!:goofy:

I hope we ride again before the forest is closed Sgt.. Time is starting to run out. You just never know when Mother Nature is going to strike. Each ride may be your last for the season up there so enjoy it. I know you do, practically every weekend you lucky dawg! Sheesh!

:ride:
Have fun on your 10/10/10 ride with the girlies. and yes we need to hit the lpnf again. that was a fun day. I am trying to hit the LPNF quite a bit before it closes. this was the first year that I was able to explore the trails. I do hope I could hit snowy before it closes for the season as well. Were looking at hitting that at the end of this month, beginning of next.

Have fun on your 10/10/10 ride with the girlies. and yes we need to hit the lpnf again. that was a fun day. I am trying to hit the LPNF quite a bit before it closes. this was the first year that I was able to explore the trails. I do hope I could hit snowy before it closes for the season as well. Were looking at hitting that at the end of this month, beginning of next.

Snowy is one ride I'll pass on, but enjoy the video throughly:thumb:

Snowy is one ride I'll pass on, but enjoy the video throughly:thumb:
I just need to change out my front tire and get it serviced before taking it on snowy. I haven't decided which bike to take on snowy.. the lighter honda or the heavier more powerful ktm. Most likely the honda since the ktm is still in shop, the cylinder is backordered (warranty) until the first.

Have you done upper Piru creek trail yet?

I just need to change out my front tire and get it serviced before taking it on snowy. I haven't decided which bike to take on snowy.. the lighter honda or the heavier more powerful ktm. Most likely the honda since the ktm is still in shop, the cylinder is backordered (warranty) until the first.

Have you done upper Piru creek trail yet?

No I havent...but my last ride out I was discouraged by others to try it. They said it is pretty narly. When I talk to you I want to do it:noidea: I mean what is the worst that can happen? I crash and need help, I piss my pants or you ride it out for me right?:lol: I get a little nervous and mental on 1st time trails that arnt so easy. Especially if I havent rode in a while or Im riding with fast group or, if the only girl in the group.

Piru is fun. not that it's all that tough, it's that it has quite a bit of different things to psych you out. from exposure to a few cliffs, the ramp that is placed over some rocks give it that extra touch, whereas, you don't even have to use the ramp. there is a couple of creek crossings, some sand and rock. not that i'm by any means fast on it now, but the first time through it, I crawled. just need to be sure of your techniques in sand, rock, water crossings, and not to get froggie around some of the cliffs.

Piru is fun. not that it's all that tough, it's that it has quite a bit of different things to psych you out. from exposure to a few cliffs, the ramp that is placed over some rocks give it that extra touch, whereas, you don't even have to use the ramp. there is a couple of creek crossings, some sand and rock. not that i'm by any means fast on it now, but the first time through it, I crawled. just need to be sure of your techniques in sand, rock, water crossings, and not to get froggie around some of the cliffs.

Well, how do I know if I dont try it? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...Im like the Little engine that could! So many times I've rode stuff people acted like it was way difficult and wasnt, and other times it really was difficult and they acted like it was child's play. I have a long way to go but Im trying. The bummer is...your either going for it, or your not! There is no "ok Im done now for the day, I think I will turn around now" :smirk:
I heard they close the forest after the first big rain. Is it closed yet?

Still fairly "warm" up here guys. If any snow fell it was above 8000' and will be gone in a day. If the clouds clear I will check in the AM. They usually don't close down the forest until the first heavy SNOW, which is usually after Tday and sometimes thru Xmas depending on the year.:thumb:

BTW, was in the mid 40's when I got home about 7:30 pm.

Gorman forecast: Fri-Sunday, clear and sunny. Looks like warming up to 71 on Sat and to 75 on Sunday. We'll be in the high 50s at the top of the mountain in the LPNF is my guess.

Gorman forecast: Fri-Sunday, clear and sunny. Looks like warming up to 71 on Sat and to 75 on Sunday. We'll be in the high 50s at the top of the mountain in the LPNF is my guess.

Perfect!

Geek, I think your right, it is closed after the 1st snow. But someone just told me big rain...heck I dont know! But you live there and are called the Weathergeek so Im going to believe what you say, because it means I may get another ride in or two before it closes.

Perfect!

Geek, I think your right, it is closed after the 1st snow. But someone just told me big rain...heck I dont know! But you live there and are called the Weathergeek so Im going to believe what you say, because it means I may get another ride in or two before it closes.

Been up here for 20+ years. Never seen it closed for rain, only fire and snow.