Lookout Towers

or vise versa, and yeah poland is just over the state line, they are mining near stateline rd still after a few years its gonna make some nice riding area with crazy hills once they are done

Nice!! Those lookout towers are so cool! I love riding to them. I went riding once and my riding buddy's bike wouldnt start. So I left him back at camp and went for a ride on this fire road that was gated. I was able to get around the gate. I also had a permit for the day and was given the code for the gate but it wasnt working. I went about 12 miles and ended up at this old, rusty lookout tower. I walked up about 3 stories on it till the butterflies were off the hook in my stomach. I was alone and it was surreal. Thought the tower was going to collapse. It doenst have walls or windows at the top, just a platform. Here are a couple of towers.
This is up in the LPNF and what a shame vandals have ruined it:rolleyes: It would have been a cool place to stay
IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2186-1.jpg

You can see it was a neat little nest. Complete too. Until idiots had to ruin it all.
IMG_2182-1.jpg

Here is one in Mammoth, CA. This one was attended. The attendant was a nice guy and gave some info and invited us in.
IMG_1435.jpg

The view from the tower
IMG_1436.jpg

Good RR Trav. Sorry you got sick. YUCK! Fumes, not enough water just a banana in your belly could be enough to do it. Love the view from up there. Not sure about barfing off the side. That must of been a nice change for the guy staying there.:lol:

Rock, that tower is amazing! Nestled on the rock and all with a view of those beautiful lakes. Very cool. I've heard you can reserve them or be a part of the volunteer program. Someday that would be something sort of cool to do. Get a few good books and spend a couple of days at one.

I didn't read ALL of the posts so I don't know if Butler (Butler Peak??) Lookout Tower was mentioned. It's up in the Big Bear area...I haven't been up that way in so long...never been in the tower but some friends have. They got to be lookouts for a weekend/week ??? can't remember...:thumb: Not knowing what the legalities are up there you may have to be plated for that ride as well.