South Looking For Dirtbike Host for San Diego Freeride Trip March 2015

thankyou !

OK, spare parts if you plan on out of a van living for ten days or two weeks:

1-2 each? Front 21"/rear 19" tubes (how many is up to you).
I would get the IRC heavy duty tubes. 80/100X21 and 110/90X19
2-3 Air filters oiled and ready to install, gives you a 3-4 total. I use twin air and UNI cleaner/oil kit when out and about.
1-2 Spark Plugs extra (I run the iridium but they are 9.99 each over 4.99 for regular)
1-2 Bottles of Honda HP Trans oil, Trans takes 750 ml per change
4-6 Bottles of Yamalube 2-R 32oz (premix two stroke oil)
2 drain plug seals OEM
1 Bottle coolant (engine ice)
1 10 scoop paddle tire 19". 10 scoops is better than less and I have no idea on type/make, I don't do the dunes...
You will need to look into a flag mount and flag for the dunes. I might have a flag from my ATV days. I will look.
If you would like to buy my rear extra rim off me no problem or just use it is fine.
Might need extra chain 114-116 links for the paddle tire to clear properly. (just a thought)
Brake and Clutch lever. Don't know how he did it but even with bark busters my son broke one. (just a thought)
2 5 gallon gas cans and measuring cup 20 oz min for 32:1 premixing 4 oz per gallon.

Tools:
L=large, M=medium, S=small
When you get here I'll steer you to inexpensive that are good enough. Check Harbor Freight online...
1 Box of latex gloves (L/M/S)?
Tire irons
Hand/plug in pump
Metric wrench set
Metric Socket set and a few extensions
Metric Allen wrenches
Pliers needle/dikes/adjustable
5 in 1 screw driver (or a set)
JB weld (5 minute epoxy)
little sand paper/emery cloth
Zip ties (L/M/S)

Bike Armor:
Things to consider...
Radiator braces (works connection)
Skid Plate (Ricochet, Flat land)
Pipe Guard (moose)

Jim,

Sent you this in email also. Also will post in Yamaha thread. Can't remember if you had another post about your trip. Hopefully, some of the guys can help out on the list. Lots of adventure riders here. And you are in for an adventure.
Did you find the post with pictures?

Last edited: