South Looking For Dirtbike Host for San Diego Freeride Trip March 2015

Hey man

I am new to this forum

One of the main reasons I joined was to try meet some riders in California.

I have a trip planned to S.D. for March 2015 and would love to ride all the insane hot spots like Ocotillo wells, Glamis, temecula, lark/corral Canyon etc and would like to know if there is anybody in S.D. who would like to host me for this trip?
I am looking to hire an mx bike for the trip but would love to meet some people to ride with who can show me all the best spots etc. If you are up for this let me know!
Cheers guys

Jim

Last edited:
That's cool. Better research a little more on the dates and places you want to go. All those places will be hitting temps in triple digits in June and July.

freeride as in hitting natural jumps? i can show you all you can handle :P... dont expect me to hit em but i can take you to the area's in OW that have the best hills for all that. Shell Reef's Famous Bomb drop and all that.

In fact unless its still too hot i should be in OW pole line mid october.

if you love singletrack ridgeline i can take you to some of that as well.

check my channel for some of the stuff i have rode there. https://www.youtube.com/user/Travace

you wont catch me out there mid june or july tho. i switch to beach/surf mode when the summer is here.

you guys are awesome thankyou for replying so fast and giving me all the advice! I wasn't thinking straight about june/july with the fact that you guys have deserts lol and your summer time is the same as ours!!

I think I will re - plan my trip for April time then by the sounds of things?

Would love to meet some of you guys man awesome!

Thankyou to Palmer84 ! - It would be ideal hiring a 2 stroke 125/250 as I could also throw in a brand new top end at the end of the trip aswell as a deposit etc

I will phone my travel company to see what the flights are like in April time and get back to you all, maybe we can get loads of people together for a Freeride tour or something

:cheers:

Sweet. Palmer Rocks on the spare scooters. Let us know when you get your trip planed and we may get a handful of DBAers to meet up for some riding. I am not much of a freerider, but I like to mess around a little...:ride:

No problem, yah know Travace still has my little 150 that his lady has been riding.

Jim,
As a hire and deposit fee just use the PM system here when it gets closer to the time and we can work out the details. (That is if I don't get banned again) HAHAH!!! :moon: I am 2 hours north of San Diego in Orange County. If your timing is right I may go down for a ride drop the bike, you return. I do OW in January (Annual Man Trip). And then a couple other times per year. Let us know. :thumb:

you guys are awesome thankyou for replying so fast and giving me all the advice! I wasn't thinking straight about june/july with the fact that you guys have deserts lol and your summer time is the same as ours!!

I think I will re - plan my trip for April time then by the sounds of things?

Would love to meet some of you guys man awesome!

Thankyou to Palmer84 ! - It would be ideal hiring a 2 stroke 125/250 as I could also throw in a brand new top end at the end of the trip aswell as a deposit etc

I will phone my travel company to see what the flights are like in April time and get back to you all, maybe we can get loads of people together for a Freeride tour or something

:cheers:
april is good.. its right in the middle of what socal calls "dez season" maybe choose a off weekend tho.. those holiday weekends are actually not as fun for riding because you get a lot of drunk yahoo's on the big holiday weekends. good for family and friends tho cause everyone i know has the 3 day weekend and off of work so they go.

ridgelines look sick travace
i have the fire hydrant ones i been to a few times... my last ride out there i did a dawn patrol by myself and found a area with a bunch of ridgelines i have not explored yet. Sometimes it is hard to find people who will ride em with me.. they all say im crazy... im like no i just like the fun stuff :P

i have the fire hydrant ones i been to a few times... my last ride out there i did a dawn patrol by myself and found a area with a bunch of ridgelines i have not explored yet. Sometimes it is hard to find people who will ride em with me.. they all say im crazy... im like no i just like the fun stuff :P

Or you are just to far away for a day trip.... :hug: :cheers: