All Life in CALI

What is it really like to live in Cali? Up here where I live, we hear many things about Cali. Beleive it or not its mainly bad things, like cost of living is real high and the laws are real strick. No guns, well thats what I hear anyway. I like to be able to go in my back yard and fire off some rounds from my rifles if I want to. We hear that the employment there is real bad also. Then everytime I see pics or video's of people in Cali they seem to be happy and enjoying life.

Jealousy and Envy. Everyone loves to hate CA. But they all love to come here. It's just like how the rest of the word talks shit about America... but they can't wait to save their Euros to come vacation here.

Don't buy into the crap... it's a wonderful place. I shoot on my 20 acres... ride off my property... don't have a neighbor closer than a mile... but when I lived in town I was in Orange County for 30 years working and loving life. I was 5 minutes from the beach... 30 minutes from the closest mountains... Surfing and Skiing on the same day are possible... and if you are good at what you do you will always have a job. Doesn't matter how many people are out of work if you are better at it than they are. Cause you'll be the one with the job.

Take a vacation... map out what you want to see... you will need a few weeks to do it right.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Cali is a different lifestyle that doesn't suit everyone.
Some constantly complain.
Some of us couldn't live anywhere else.

Having the beach, desert, mountains, snow all within an hour drive of each other is a benefit as well.

Cost of living varies ALOT. One home in the valley can cost 1 million, but be worth $100K here in the high desert.
Living directly on the beach can be extremely expensive. Multi-million dollar shacks...

It's a great place, but it's not for everyone. Luckily there are so many different types of living here, you could move from being a city slicker to a full on cowboy in a 45 minute drive! -BIG DAN:thumb:

yea cali has some of the best land in the country IMO. it all really depends on where you live tho. the only thing that i get pissed about is the regulating the government does here. I live in suburbs that are backed against rual area's and they regulated the piss out of it all making what i did and moved to this place for illegal. its getting worse but i still wouldnt want to be far from cali if i ever moved out.

Cali is a different lifestyle that doesn't suit everyone.
Some constantly complain.
Some of us couldn't live anywhere else.

Having the beach, desert, mountains, snow all within an hour drive of each other is a benefit as well.

Cost of living varies ALOT. One home in the valley can cost 1 million, but be worth $100K here in the high desert.
Living directly on the beach can be extremely expensive. Multi-million dollar shacks...

It's a great place, but it's not for everyone. Luckily there are so many different types of living here, you could move from being a city slicker to a full on cowboy in a 45 minute drive! -BIG DAN:thumb:

I did that but it was only a 15 minute drive... :smirk:

Cali is a very GENERAL term where most are referring to the SoCal area from the Cal-Mex border up to (roughly) the San Fernando Valley area... including "some" of the Inland Empire... the farther inland you go Northeast (Lancaster) and East (palm Springs) you're getting into the Mojave desert.

Anything above the SVF (Bakersfield) area is considered Central Ca up to SF? and anything above that is NorCal... I believe that's a different state altogether... :prof:..... :shocked:

Jobs tend to pay more out here resulting in a higher cost of living "average" (supply in demand).
Housing costs depend on where you live (I would assume as in all areas).
On the Coast or in certain other parts of the state will cost more where the farther inland the lower the cost because of the lower income, because of fewer and/or lower paying jobs etc...
BTW - Guns aren't outlawed here but you just can't step out into your back yard and fire off a round in most places... even in Johnson Valley (The Dez) unless it's a shotgun.

I will agree 100% with Bolt, total envy... yes there are people proud to be where their at and say wicked things about places they're not familiar with only going by what they've seen or heard on TV/Radio. We've got our problems gang bangers in all counties, high end / low end living... jobless but many are due to being lazy and/or would rather collect their mere pitance (sp?) and try to live off it than get a decent paying job where they can afford better things.

Don't believe everything you hear or read... there's a reason for people wanting to move here... watch tyhe Rosebowl next year and see what the weather's like on Jan 1st which is the middle of the winter and you'll see...

I've lived here all my life... had the urge to move out but not enough to make it happen.

The best part about Cali?.................................It's the home of CDA :smirk:

Like others said, it all depends on what chaps your hide. If you don't like the fact that you can't plate every dirt bike, then move. You don't like paying reg fees ($52 for 2 years), move. Cali has some of the most awesome riding and variety of riding around. Sure other states have some great places to ride, but it is one type, you can get it all in Cali.

Cost of living is high, but it all depends on where you want to live and work. I was out of work for 8 weeks and found a better paying job than what i was doing for the past 19 years. Finding a job in Cali is not hard, just put in the work.

Load up that CR500 and come on out. We will show what CR500s where made for...:devil:

The best part about Cali?.................................It's the home of CDA :smirk:

Like others said, it all depends on what chaps your hide. If you don't like the fact that you can't plate every dirt bike, then move. You don't like paying reg fees ($52 for 2 years), move. Cali has some of the most awesome riding and variety of riding around. Sure other states have some great places to ride, but it is one type, you can get it all in Cali.

Cost of living is high, but it all depends on where you want to live and work. I was out of work for 8 weeks and found a better paying job than what i was doing for the past 19 years. Finding a job in Cali is not hard, just put in the work.

Load up that CR500 and come on out. We will show what CR500s where made for...:devil:

Off topic... How's the new gig working out?

So far I have been doing a lot of this...:crazy: then I do this...:naughty: with some of this...:thinking:...this week I has been more of...:rant::banghead::poke::bonk::boxing::gibbs::mmph:, but it is all ending up like....:hug::cheers::hyper:

Overall....:thumb: Hope that paints a picture for you..:spin:

I think so... I see a little of this.... :forman: and maybe this... :eek:... leading to this... :kissass: and resulting in this... :hail:... :thumb: