Fallen Kurt Caselli crashes in Baja 1000

This is not about Caselli or has bikes in it, but I can say from my racing days, this is why we do it.

My Mgr asked me the other day, if I had the chance to go back and do it again (she knew I was on the edge of picking up a factory Team Green Ride) knowing that I would not see a wife or have kids, would I. I said I would and these guys that have lost their lives doing this would most likely say the same thing. She says she gets it, but doesn't understand because she never had a passion for something like this as I (we) do.

We racing is completely different in my mind then riding, though I have the same passion for riding. She knows I am a freak when it comes to dirt bikes and she has accepted that.

To Kurt - I know you are riding and bench racing with your dad Rich and Rich is being Rich and telling you all the things you did wrong while out on the course. :) I don't drink anymore, but I may just pick myself up a Coors and head to the Husky this next week and leave next to Rich Caselli's plaque.

I know this is for the fallen but I have heard, helicopters for teams are not allowed to bring parts for broken bikes on the course. That's why 1X and 4X were not talking the first three days.
They should have been disqualified!