2 Stroke KTM 65 Tear down

Had a bearing go out in the bike so I'm tearing it down again if any one has any questions or whats to see anything let me know and I will do what I can to show you.

What brand bearings did you use and what ratio where you using in the premix? seems a bit soon for a main to go out already. Unless it was a bearing you didn't replace when you rebuilt last time??? As always let see the bearing carnage, we like to see carnage,,, you know like a train wreck you can't help but look.:smirk:

What brand bearings did you use and what ratio where you using in the premix? seems a bit soon for a main to go out already. Unless it was a bearing you didn't replace when you rebuilt last time??? As always let see the bearing carnage, we like to see carnage,,, you know like a train wreck you can't help but look.:smirk:

I agree... Those little monsters LOVE oil... the more the better especially when revving at 13000 rpm

Its the only bearing I didn't replace. I think its the counter shaft bearing. I lost the clutch in it too so half the work had to be done anyways. The bike is running great though. In fact I think I'm going to tear down the KX100 next.

Bryce I'm not clear how you got bolt 22 off? Or how I can get it off without a special tool or breaking something. Thanks

James

Staff member
Bryce I'm not clear how you got bolt 22 off? Or how I can get it off without a special tool or breaking something. Thanks
I'd suggest putting it in 5th gear, have somebody hold the rear brake, and hit it with the biggest impact gun you have. :noidea:

If your motor is still in the bike you can lock up the rear tire or chain on the bike and bust it loose but the easiest way is with a good impact gun. If you notice it is loctited on.