2 Stroke KTM 65 Tear down

A nice big strap wrench works pretty good also. :thumb:

No go. Its not like a big bike. The inner piece spins inside the basket so you can hold the basket all day. And it will go round and round.
:cry:

Part 6 is what you have to hold onto and it is inside the basket.

Clutch.gif

Well started tearing it the rest the way down a 6pm friday evening. Took a 1/2 break to say hi to the wife and kids then broke for dinner at 9 for an hour. Bike was ready to fire at 2am. Went to bed and the next morning about 10 kicks and she fired up. Took it easy for a few laps around the block, checked fluids, and cooled it down for 10 minutes, then a more agressive lap around the block a few times, then cooled, Finally I got with it put it through the paces. Brought it home loaded it up and we went riding. My son put about 30 miles on it running at all kinds of paces. Even hit 50mph:devil: (I think he figured out the shifting) we were getting low on fuel so we headed back to the truck. He still wanted to ride but wanted to go to a cycle park. So we headed to the one just five miles from the house. There he spent about another hour and a half and he started wearing down. We loaded up and called it a day.

Bike is running strong! I'm running 32:1 Kawasaki Oil. Its maybe a touch too much as it smokes a little more and we have some splouge running out the end of the pipe but I figure things are getting lubed well. And oil and plugs are cheaper then a rebuild. I will try getting the video of the teardown and rebuild up this next week.:thumb:

Good deal Bryce!:thumb:
The Kawi and Suzuki oils are a little smokey but dont worry about that, they are good oils so keep that ratio for now... If he's running that bike at WOT everywhere then that spooge will disappear as it may just be residual in the pipe along with the burning of the assembly lube...

Good deal Bryce!:thumb:
The Kawi and Suzuki oils are a little smokey but dont worry about that, they are good oils so keep that ratio for now... If he's running that bike at WOT everywhere then that spooge will disappear as it may just be residual in the pipe along with the burning of the assembly lube...

He is getting a little better about shifting and such but as long as it isn't fowling plugs I don't mind the mess or extra oil. Figure its keeping things in good shape.

Well just wanted to drop in and say I think our limit is about 40 miles on the stock tank. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Sure wish those bikes had reserve.