Amatuer King of the Motos

Chris has done very well in the Extremity Games and the X Games. His background is primarily on the track. He has raced just about anything and has been pretty heavy into the Ultra 4 stuff the last couple of years. (KOH kind of stuff)

Vid I just watched from the race.
Great video! I saw that one on FB. I have decided not to make a video since I was right there where they filmed this clip Fred posted. My camera angles arnt as good. I loved being that close to the competitors. It was better then any top dollar seat you could buy at any event. Im looking for some good clips of the trucks at Chocolate Thunder when they were backing up and becoming impatient. THAT was AWESOME!

I am so pissed thatI didn't get to see all that mayhem...my buddies were lagging at the rez waiting for another body to show up so I decided to wait with them thinking we had time...we got out toone fothe farthest poinst to see the last rider go by. Then we hauled azz across the DL to catch them on the way back in...saw several go by (maybe 6 or so). Saw the one guy on the KTM that had the black and dayglo orange riding pants/shirt. He was in the click...pumped his fist when he crested the hill.

If they have it next year I am not missing it for nothing. Nice pic's, Vid's...RR's etc.....:thumb:

Oh yeah...Go Berg.....1st place!!!

For about a week, the Means Dry Lake area in the Johnson Valley OHV Area was converted into a small city during the 6th annual King of the Hammers event, an extreme off-road competition for four-wheelers. This year, however, the promoter invited motorcycles to compete as part of the event. Off-road racer Jimmy Lewis helped organize and lay out the King of Motos course, which combined both fast and technical elements of off-road racing.
a2.jpg

Twenty-one hard-core off-roaders were invited to compete in the King of Motos, which offered a $10,000 winner-takes-all prize.
a3.jpg

Great Britain's Graham Jarvis (88) and Kurt Caselli (66) prepare for the start.
a4.jpg

Racers were immediately faced with this steep, rocky and loose hillclimb right after the mass start.
a5.jpg

Caselli got off to a fast start.
a62.jpg

Dust was a factor for many of the riders up the first hill.
a72.jpg

Caselli zipped right up the hill with no problem.

a8.jpg
Destry Abbott, however, got into trouble early.
a9.jpg

Jason Smith (20) plugs away up the first hill.
b1.jpg

Mike Slawson (307) finds the good line around Jimmy Jarrett. Slawson would go on to finish fourth.
b2.jpg

A prosthetic left leg didn't keep Chris Ridgeway from competing, but a flat tired kept him from finishing.
b3.jpg

Nick Burson struggled up the first hill.
b4.jpg

Abbott makes it over the top, while Burson soon pulled out with a burned up clutch.
b5.jpg

Woods racer Jimmy Jarrett gave the extreme desert race a try and did quite well. He was one of the six finishers.

b6.jpg
This was just a sign of things to come.
b7.jpg

Kyle Redmond leads Jarvis up one of the many rocky uphills.
b9.jpg

Redmond continues to lead the way.
c1.jpg

The race for the win was on.
c2.jpg

Eventually, Redmond dropped his bike and Jarvis rode past him.
b8.jpg

Jarvis pulled away when Redmond had to stop to make adjustments to his bike's throttle.
c3.jpg

Abbott admitted afterwards that he got plenty tired, but he continued on anyway and finished a remarkable third after starting off about 12th. And he did so with a damaged rear brake pedal.