Amatuer King of the Motos

For those of you who follow the King of the Hammers off-road desert race you may be aware of the NEW event for this year :banana:...which is being called King of the Motos. According to the write up on dirtriot.com the organizors are selecting 20 of the top riders (invitation only) from various disceplines of riding...desert, enduro and trials. They will race on a 65 mile course (laps???) with 10 miles of rocks similar to Erzberg. They are claiming it is going to be the "toughest" motorcycle event in the US.

The KOH event is during theweek of FEB 6 2012 - FEB 10 (race day) with the KOM beign on Thurs FEB 9 at 11:00AM.

For more info check it out on www.dirtriot.com

Can't wait, I'll be there ALLLLLL week! Stop by the REZ if you're in the area...I'd say either in the early AM of PM. Otherwise we'll more than likely be out at teh festivities.....:thumb:

:thinking: I wonder who will show up since this in the beginning of the year and a lot of your top riders/racers have commitments to other venues from their sponsors. Too bad the deadline for sending in your consideration application expired on the 15th. I might have sent mine in...:smirk:

This could be a fun day of watching some gnarly events. Too bad it all takes place during the week. :thinking:

Yeah, I can't quite figure out why it's during the week...it certainly hasn't kept people away. It has grown (almost doubled) each year for the past 4-5 years. I was told they want to keep the trails open on the weekends for the public so they have the race on Friday...nice of them if thsi is the case...:thumb:

:thinking: I wonder who will show up since this in the beginning of the year and a lot of your top riders/racers have commitments to other venues from their sponsors. Too bad the deadline for sending in your consideration application expired on the 15th. I might have sent mine in...:smirk:

I know I was seriously thinking about it myself.......:loco:

The latest info regarding the WHO'S WHO in this race.........Kurt Cassell (Ktm), Kendall Norman (Honda???), Nic Burson (Husky), Graham Jarvis (Husaberg...:thumb:) Destry Abbott (Kawi) Jason Argubright (Kawi) and several others (I'm sure) from the "desert scene" PLUS a list of riders/racers of various disceplines. Ought to be a good time!!!! :banana:

The latest info regarding the WHO'S WHO in this race.........Kurt Cassell (Ktm), Kendall Norman (Honda???), Nic Burson (Husky), Graham Jarvis (Husaberg...:thumb:) Destry Abbott (Kawi) Jason Argubright (Kawi) and several others (I'm sure) from the "desert scene" PLUS a list of riders/racers of various disceplines. Ought to be a good time!!!! :banana:
:thinking: Does sound like a good time.

where is the race?
Lucerne Valley
The main event will take place at 11 a.m. Thursday, February 9, 2012 on Means Dry Lake Bed in Johnson Valley, California. The course will cover approximately sixty-five miles including ten miles of rocks.

where is the race?

JOhnson Valley to be exact...events going on from Sunday 2/5/12 thru Friday 2/10/12 which is when the big "car" race is to happen. The bike race is exactly what CDA noted...........they don't give out details fo the course until that Sunday. No cheaters prerunning the prerunning time

Lucerne Valley
The main event will take place at 11 a.m. Thursday, February 9, 2012 on Means Dry Lake Bed in Johnson Valley, California. The course will cover approximately sixty-five miles including ten miles of rocks.

The most recent list I've seen is:

Max Eddy
Bradley Pace
Cory Graffunder
Max Gerston
Destry Abbot
Nic Burson
Rory Sullivan
Chris Ridgway
Mike Slawson
Joe Kessler
Colton Haaker
Cody Webb
Jacob Argubright
Kyle Redmond
Tim Roeble
Chris Midkiff
Irving Powers
Jason Smith
Matt Eddy
Kurt Caselli
Graham Jarvis
Jordan Brandt

I'll be out there again this year. Leaving Fresno Wednesday morning the 8th and should be on the lake bed about 1. Our shop has a car in the "big" race so I'm on the clock for this one. :banana: Really happy to see Hammer King has finally been able to pull this race together. Now if I can just get my bike back together I'll be able to ride a bit. :doh:

The most recent list I've seen is:

Max Eddy
Bradley Pace
Cory Graffunder
Max Gerston
Destry Abbot
Nic Burson
Rory Sullivan
Chris Ridgway
Mike Slawson
Joe Kessler
Colton Haaker
Cody Webb
Jacob Argubright
Kyle Redmond
Tim Roeble
Chris Midkiff
Irving Powers
Jason Smith
Matt Eddy
Kurt Caselli
Graham Jarvis
Jordan Brandt

I'll be out there again this year. Leaving Fresno Wednesday morning the 8th and should be on the lake bed about 1. Our shop has a car in the "big" race so I'm on the clock for this one. :banana: Really happy to see Hammer King has finally been able to pull this race together. Now if I can just get my bike back together I'll be able to ride a bit. :doh:

What car is yours? We'll keep an eye out for it. :thumb:

I'll be in the pits for Car 28 Marlin Crawler. We're not the fastest out there but I think our guy is 1 of 2 from the OG13 to have started and finished every KOH race. :banana: