Amatuer King of the Motos

Yeah we are all Toyota. Our driver Turboed his 4 cyl. Toyota motor for this year and picked up 61 more RWHP so he'll be going a little quicker in the flats. :lol:

You can get a 2wd vehicle within easy walking distance to a lot of the fun rock sections. I was out there about 3 weeks ago and it's really dry right now. I'm really curious to hear what the course will be for this race as there is some vicious terrain out there.

You can get a 2wd vehicle within easy walking distance to a lot of the fun rock sections. I was out there about 3 weeks ago and it's really dry right now. I'm really curious to hear what the course will be for this race as there is some vicious terrain out there.

How does a spectator find these places without knowing ahead of time? Or is it really that close to the staging area? Like Cougar Buttes? I have next Thursday off:thinking: That's a long drive for me to not pay off with some riding AND good spectating though. Maybe I can crash in my truck and make it two days. Hmmmm.....

From what I've heard the course will not be released until the morning of the race. The race doesn't start until 10 am but it will be short notice to figure out where you want to be for some good viewing.

How does a spectator find these places without knowing ahead of time? Or is it really that close to the staging area? Like Cougar Buttes? I have next Thursday off:thinking: That's a long drive for me to not pay off with some riding AND good spectating though. Maybe I can crash in my truck and make it two days. Hmmmm.....
Riding to the rock sections is quicker. Not real easy in 2wd. You can get close but will have to hike to get up to the course. I think if you were to go onto ULTRA4 Racing.com they might have topo-map. Most rock sections are to the north east. Once you get onto means dry lake stop at the info booth and ask for a program. There's a map in it. It'll cost you $20 per person to get in if you want stroll the pits and Hammer Town otherwise you'll have to park elsewhere and ride around to get to the good spots. We're out here now. Can't wait both races. Qualifying was cool to watch the past 2 days just to find out ALL drivers will be able to race with their entry fees going to the save Johnson valley fund.

From what I've heard the course will not be released until the morning of the race. The race doesn't start until 10 am but it will be short notice to figure out where you want to be for some good viewing.
I was tOld the bike race wI'll run the same part of the desert as the cars and the rock sections won't be released until 20 minutes before the race to eliminate any prerunning.

anyone wanna know who won? lol... anyone there have pics?
:noidea: FMF was posting a pic of Kyle Redmond and congratulating him on getting 2nd, so I am guessing Kurt Caselli did not win since he is an FMF rider as well. Again not sure:noidea:

UPDATE:
Graham Jarvis (ENG) comes to America and smokes 19 North Americans in their own backyard, wins $10,000
Jarvis 1st
Redmond 2nd
Destry Abbott 3rd