Pro Kawi wins the 2015 Baja 1000

Before abandoning this semi hijacked thread I guess it is clear that I see more money in any racers pocket a good thing. I would love to see more companies farm out their teams such as Honda did (by establishing JCR as a company sponsored team rather than withdraw their support for offroad). Note that the change was made just about the same time Honda withdrew from road racing. If you have followed what that series (road racing) is becoming or failing to become you may not feel so badly about Honda being the only big team in offroad. I would like to see them all there, but if anyone thinks it is a good thing for the bigger money to pull out of any form of professional racing then we probably are not going to agree. I have been around long enough to have seen how the other factories pulled away from supporting that segment of offroad.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. I was saying that it's nice to see others winning. If the Super Bowl was the same teams every year wouldn't it suck?
Ok, back to our regular programming.

I also wasn't saying money in baja was a bad thing, my only point is it was very easy to win that way :wink: not really knocking skill either, its just the way it is, Baja gets no real coverage as it can't really be watched, it simply has the allure to those of us who get it, the whole 1000ish miles down the peninsula
Granted they did hold off KTM and Kawi for a great # of years after they got involved, but none the less. The Baja title is one that has been passed down, usually after a team experiences tragedy such as in 95 and 13.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could I have misunderstood either of you??? I am trying to find the error of my ways here boys, but you two brought up money and it SURE didn't seem like it was in a positive way. Thanks for the analogies lol. Maybe you guys could go reread what you posted and tell me again about how founded your last two posts are in light of the others. I guess I just really don't understand english very well.:prof: