Pro Kawi wins the 2015 Baja 1000

That was the official word. I found Johnny Campbell to be the most approachable and unlikely APPEARING champion I have met. Maybe in a tie with Dick Mann. Seeing him dressed in a flannel shirt and with his kid on his back at a supercross and staying out of people's way as they surrounded Bruce Ogilvie for autographs was a lesson. (Ogilivie's son who was probably 12 was surprised people wanted his dad's autograph when there were others like Jermemy McGrath in the same 50 foot radius reminded me that the fastest men on dirt don't seem to take themselves very seriously.)

Last edited:
JCR pulled out this year, Colton Udall (former JCR rider) started his own team WFOX (warriors for ox (kargola) and went racing. He was really cocky a few years back, a year laced with injuries appears to have changed that little bit.

When it comes to desert racing, I will forever be a Caselli, Norman, and Bell fan :thumb:

Is Campbell even riding now, or just running his team? Havn't heard anything on him race wise this year, but then again I havnt closely followed the GNCC or endurocross this year.

CycleNews seems to be crediting JCR as a sponsor. Possibly the loan of a bike they had leftover. I sent a message to someone who would know of the involvement if any.

I didn't find the results for the overall time, ie 4 wheels vs 2 wheels. Have you got those yet?

Is Campbell even riding now, or just running his team? Havn't heard anything on him race wise this year, but then again I havnt closely followed the GNCC or endurocross this year.
campbell hasn't raced in years, well, not top tier, he did try the vet class in endurocross, JCR has Colton Haaker in endurocross and Chris Bach in GNCC
CycleNews seems to be crediting JCR as a sponsor. Possibly the loan of a bike they had leftover. I sent a message to someone who would know of the involvement if any.

I didn't find the results for the overall time, ie 4 wheels vs 2 wheels. Have you got those yet?
none yet, I don't really pay attention to the 4 wheels, they're cool, but make even professional motorcycle racing look cheap

campbell hasn't raced in years, well, not top tier, he did try the vet class in endurocross, JCR has Colton Haaker in endurocross and Chris Bach in GNCC

none yet, I don't really pay attention to the 4 wheels, they're cool, but make even professional motorcycle racing look cheap

Yeah, I've seen Haaker a few times, when I've tuned into Endurocross. Not a big fan of it though, kinda interesting, very technical, but it just doesn't seem to have a strong appeal to me to watch, I'm sure participating would be different though.