July 4th plans?

James! My best friend in the world is born 7 days later than I! On the 4th of July. Me? I'm June 27th...TODAY!

That being said, I get a week to tell my bud to respect his elders!

He took me out golfing and fed me like a King today!

Me? A week from today I will take him out walleye and perch fishing on Lake Erie!

We will eat and drink like Kings!

Fair is fair, huh?

I leave on Monday for the Eastern Sierra's up around Mammoth Mountain and Yosemite. There are a few of us going up for a week and we are taking our Jeeps, fishing poles and beer. Thought about taking the bike but not enough time to do it all.
Catch some big ones and take pics please. Nothing like a boy's trip up there.:thumb:

Shipping two kids to Colorado for a month on this Sat.. :banana: I'll be headed that way on the 14th to meet up with them in Steamboat. So I'll be working all next week. Bringing 2 bikes with me and going to be reviewing the single track in the local mountains and slapping some miles on the tarmac twisties. I'll be back the end of the month.

around noon ..you are welcome to come let me know if you are serious and want to make the drive.

Thanks for the invite, but you know I was just funnin'. I do have the 4th off, but having to work the 3rd & 5th kind of kills the possibility of enjoying the day off.

James! My best friend in the world is born 7 days later than I! On the 4th of July. Me? I'm June 27th...TODAY!

That being said, I get a week to tell my bud to respect his elders!

He took me out golfing and fed me like a King today!

Me? A week from today I will take him out walleye and perch fishing on Lake Erie!

We will eat and drink like Kings!

Fair is fair, huh?
I have heard Lake Erie is all cleaned up and pretty again. My memories of that place from 40 or more years ago were dead fish floating everywhere and playing in the surf you could reach down and pick up blobs of black shit and throw at each other. :lol: There used to be a park called Euclid Beach with roller coasters and all the fun stuff. Long gone I hear. Have a great birthday Mr. Buck. :thumb:

James

Staff member
I have heard Lake Erie is all cleaned up and pretty again. My memories of that place from 40 or more years ago were dead fish floating everywhere and playing in the surf you could reach down and pick up blobs of black shit and throw at each other. :lol: There used to be a park called Euclid Beach with roller coasters and all the fun stuff. Long gone I hear. Have a great birthday Mr. Buck. :thumb:
You aren't dating yourself, considering that they closed in 1969. :lol:

You ever visit Cedar Point?

You aren't dating yourself, considering that they closed in 1969. :lol:

You ever visit Cedar Point?
No Cedar Point for me. I moved to California in 1964 which is how I remember Euclid Beach, was never sure when it was closed down. I was only 6 months old when I moved here though. :lol:

No Cedar Point for me. I moved to California in 1964 which is how I remember Euclid Beach, was never sure when it was closed down. I was only 6 months old when I moved here though. :lol:

Don't bother me, I'm doing the math ...... :thinking: ..... daaaaaaamn 530, you're almost as old as dirt... :shocked: .... I'm thinking your clocks a little off .... wasn't it more like 1954??? :devil:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my 4th of July plans are off. The campground we go to every year is closed due to flooding from that stupid tropical storm Debby :cry:

I remember my parents taking me to a cabin my cousins had on the lake in the early whatevers. It was nasty!

Today? It is great! The zebra mussels cleaned up everything, and the Gobi fish are eating everything! But, it is still possible to fish the tributaries in the spring and limit out on walleye, and super easy to go just a mile out with some minnies and get 60 perch inside of 2 hours. Good walleye are still there, but not as big as you used to get them in the 10lb range. Most are at best 4-5lbs on average. You catch more Sheephead than you used to, and sometimes they have those Lampreys sucking the life out of them attached.

I love fishing! We most always end up with good meals! Although you can't eat too much of it too often, because they are loaded with evil carcinogenic death metals that eat your brain and internal organs.