July 4th plans?

James

Staff member
So what's everyone doing next week?

Logroad on Wednesday and then REDBUD for the national week, Thursday-Saturday (maybe Sunday). :rocker:

Wedding rehersal and dinner fri night, sat I play groomsman, sunday racing lightning, then just relaxing, mabey a parade or something with the girlfriend and fireworks the 7th :thumb: Then of course I've been working every day this week

SRAD97750

Staff member
HI
ko-olina-resort-oahu-hawaii.jpg

I leave on Monday for the Eastern Sierra's up around Mammoth Mountain and Yosemite. There are a few of us going up for a week and we are taking our Jeeps, fishing poles and beer. Thought about taking the bike but not enough time to do it all.

BBQ with family swimming in the pool and watching fireworks from one of the best viewpoints in Escondido.

prolly some drinking and poker as well. 5 cent ante dealer calls the game... :lol: its always interesting cause someone ends up calling one eyed jacks and the man with the axe or 2's wild

Ginnie Springs... :lol:

The name of the campground. Best. Place. Ever. I couldn't begin to explain the things that go on there. Half of our group that we normally go with wont come back with us because so many people die due to alcohol related deaths..... :eek:

James

Staff member
The name of the campground. Best. Place. Ever. I couldn't begin to explain the things that go on there. Half of our group that we normally go with wont come back with us because so many people die due to alcohol related deaths..... :eek:
Damn.

people be dumb. Memorial day 2011 somebodies neck was slashed with a beer bottle and bled to death in the middle of the park. And 4th of July 2011 somebody who was passed out cold floating in his tube down the river with his bottle of vodka was flipped out of his tube, his bottle surfaced but he didn't for 3 minutes. Was pronounced dead at the scene, my group of people were right there trying to help locate his unconscious body under the water. CRAZY stuff I can't believe we still go here...

Growing up in our mid-teens (and a little older) several families would go camping for a week to "Butterfield Country" which was out of town but not too far...stuck in the canyons of some hills, big oak trees, lake, dirt bike trails, swimming pool, a huge "town hall" area for kids to hang out... video games, pool, ping pong, whatever. Fri and Sat nights were (obviously) the biggest nights, a band would perform at the hall, the adults would dance, be lots of kids hanging around or riding bikes... gave us a chance to mingle make new friends AND ....... :devil:..... party! The guy who was "running the bike park" was barely old enough to buy alcohol, he told us if we went out and rounded up all the riders so he could close without him having to sit and wait for everyone to come back, he'd buy us beer... so we did. He ALSO drove the firewood train which is when he'd make his "deliveries"... we'd meet him somewhere far away from our camp, usually up in the lesser popular sites and proceed to embibe! Finished up then headed to town hall to continue with the hooliganising...:shocked: Lot's of fun times...