Amatuer Is it all about racing?

never raced. and the only reason why i try to clear doubles is because thats the only place near me that my bike is legal right now.

to me what its really all about is camping with buddys and family and going on those long rides to explore and maybe find something cool. Thats what riding is all about to me... im just hitting the track to keep the jones away. Without the track i would be breaking the law weekly and there is no way im waiting all the way till October to fire up the bike.

never raced. and the only reason why i try to clear doubles is because thats the only place near me that my bike is legal right now.

to me what its really all about is camping with buddys and family and going on those long rides to explore and maybe find something cool. Thats what riding is all about to me... im just hitting the track to keep the jones away. Without the track i would be breaking the law weekly and there is no way im waiting all the way till October to fire up the bike.

Why is it illegal?

Why is it illegal?

because here in California we have this bat shit insane group called the CARB ... California Air Resource Board. Theyt make certain bikes.(red stickered) have seasons. Right now is the off season and all i have is a red sticker bike. So the closest places for me to legally ride are the Dunes (glamis)(pismo) which are far and way too hot. Then the MX Tracks. So im teaching myself how to jump those doubles at the track... Dont get me wrong tho i think its fun as hell riding the track but my heart is on the trail. I LOVE the trails.

I dont think you ruffled feathers here, I just think think there are a lot of different personalities including some smart asses. Remember, there is no voice inflection or body language on the internet and because of that it can create something out of nothing. Also race talk is part of many facets of riding. It sounds like you have some interesting prospective to share and perhaps some great pics, ride reports or info that I think even the smart asses or race heads would enjoy. Dont be afraid Bryce and dont bail from the site....just post up! I will enjoy your posts. And I dont exactly "fit in" with this group:smirk:and may never!:P

Put it this way....I dont ride with a chainsaw attached to my bike but I sure appreciate and find interesting the people who do and want to write about it.

You're exactly right on most everything. That being you fit in perfect, the only thing you don't have is a penis (trying to be clinical :smirk: ), and hell, if you do a member search, Irish Hill is here, so... :noidea:

Some of you are taking this a little wrong so I want to clear things up a little. I have no problem if you ride just to ride or if all you like to do is spin cookies in a 5 acre lot.

I guess we have what some would call a riders paradise here. We have the desert land to ride, canyon lands, flat lands, foot hills, or high mountains all with in an hour. We are blessed with single tracks into awesome lakes, old mining communities, etc but you almost have to camp or just glance and leave to make some of them in a day. Being new to this forum it seems all that was here were the guys that wanted to get from point A to point B the fastest. (Nothing wrong with that just looking for others that do what we do) I learn alot about the bikes and such here and I'm thankful for that, now I just want to find some tips about some of the other things that go with our riding styles. Is there another forum? Or site? Seems I ruffled a few feathers on this already. :thinking:
Bryce, You ruffled no feathers and if you did, they will get over it..:smirk: If you take some time a run through the threads about ride reports or posting videos or what not, you will see that there is a variety of riders on here. I would love to throw a back pack on and hit the trails and ride till dark, camp out and ride some more. We have guys that ride from Cal City (a local So Cal spot) to Las Vegas, spend the night and ride back. They explore the un-explorable on the way.

Me I'm just on old guy that is slow and I like to sit around camp in a Borrowed chair (:devil:) and look at my bike perched up on the bike stand.:smirk: As James said, he is just a moto head and when he makes it to So Cal on T-Day, he will be an excellent chair sitter, bike watching on the stand person too :smirk:

You have some great riding spots where you are and you need to get out there and document it so you can post it up here and see us drool. Then all of us So Cal Desert heads will have to load up the trucks and make a convoy to invade your local riding spots with you as our tour guide...:thumb:

because here in California we have this bat shit insane group called the CARB ... California Air Resource Board. Theyt make certain bikes.(red stickered) have seasons. Right now is the off season and all i have is a red sticker bike. So the closest places for me to legally ride are the Dunes (glamis)(pismo) which are far and way too hot. Then the MX Tracks. So im teaching myself how to jump those doubles at the track... Dont get me wrong tho i think its fun as hell riding the track but my heart is on the trail. I LOVE the trails.

Freakin liberals. Maybe when we have that big earth quake and california slides off into the ocean you guys can make sure all the liberals stay to make sure it goes right and nothing is harmed until its completely under! :lol::lol:

Bryce, You ruffled no feathers and if you did, they will get over it..:smirk: If you take some time a run through the threads about ride reports or posting videos or what not, you will see that there is a variety of riders on here. I would love to throw a back pack on and hit the trails and ride till dark, camp out and ride some more. We have guys that ride from Cal City (a local So Cal spot) to Las Vegas, spend the night and ride back. They explore the un-explorable on the way.

Me I'm just on old guy that is slow and I like to sit around camp in a Borrowed chair (:devil:) and look at my bike perched up on the bike stand.:smirk: As James said, he is just a moto head and when he makes it to So Cal on T-Day, he will be an excellent chair sitter, bike watching on the stand person too :smirk:

You have some great riding spots where you are and you need to get out there and document it so you can post it up here and see us drool. Then all of us So Cal Desert heads will have to load up the trucks and make a convoy to invade your local riding spots with you as our tour guide...:thumb:

Sweet! I will try to get some shots of the chairs and such around the fire for you to see if it fits your style. :smirk:

I just like to ride for the sake of riding. The thrill and the rush that I get. I like to explore new territory and see the scenery, but I like to do it at a fast pace. Fast for me at least.
Destination rides are very cool also. The fun part is the navigation. Finding a route, or a new route, to connect places that don't appear connectable takes alot of creativity. It also can take alot of exploring and backtracking so you need to cover ground quickly. Which means riding fast:D
I don't ride to to see new scenery, that's just what happens while riding. I don't ride to get to a destination. I pick a destination so I have a place to ride to. It's all about the ride. :ride:

Hey Rolls, to support your post...the day after we met at the Rez you and Timoyz went on a "destination ride" to find Willy Boys grave...Granted not all rides are to get somewhere you've never been but the ride to where ever you're going IS the adventure...Out by the Rez ther's a ride we take everytime we go called "The Loop". It takes us into a canyon, sandwash, shale hill climbs onto plateaus (should you want to take that turn) overlooking the desert floor, back down onto a well used trail but not accessible by normal vehicle (4x4 or bike/quad required). The point I'm making is everytime we take that ride, we take along a cooler of drinks (yes water too), stop and take in the surrounding beauty...it aint just to make dust, see who can jump the farthest, etc. those times are long gone (for us anyways...the youngsters still do that stuff on THEIR rides. It's kind of a "warm up ride" if you will to get ready for other rides to be taken that trip!

Bryce, I hope you're open to this kind of stuff...we're not all about speed n' style. :ride:...:thumb:...:thinking:...Dang Labor day weekend is so far away!!! :cry:

Some of you are taking this a little wrong so I want to clear things up a little. I have no problem if you ride just to ride or if all you like to do is spin cookies in a 5 acre lot.

I guess we have what some would call a riders paradise here. We have the desert land to ride, canyon lands, flat lands, foot hills, or high mountains all with in an hour. We are blessed with single tracks into awesome lakes, old mining communities, etc but you almost have to camp or just glance and leave to make some of them in a day. Being new to this forum it seems all that was here were the guys that wanted to get from point A to point B the fastest. (Nothing wrong with that just looking for others that do what we do) I learn alot about the bikes and such here and I'm thankful for that, now I just want to find some tips about some of the other things that go with our riding styles. Is there another forum? Or site? Seems I ruffled a few feathers on this already. :thinking:

As I'm sure others have said, as far as I'm concerned you've roughled no featers...if anything, I appreciate your comments. Actually what you were referring to goes on a whole lot more over on the "other" site...one reason why I came over here. Nothing to proove, seems to be an older crowd...30 is older right??? (just trying to include most members...:smirk:) where we(many of us) tend to do just that...go out and enjoy the scenery vs whoopin it up t see how much dust we can create, how many bushes we can tear down, etc.....

Welcome to the group...you'll fit just fine! :thumb:

So after reading for a few hours and then doing a little trip planning I got thinking about this. I always hear about the MX vs. Enduro vs. Hare and Hound stuff. Then guys talking about how good they are and what they have accomplished and a whole slue of BS.

Doesn't anyone ride to discover new county or hunt and fish anymore? I grew up on XR200's not because they could clear a double or because they were the fastest bike around but because you could kick it into first and craw down a trail with your gear and half an elk that you shot 10 miles from the road. Then after it sat all winter it would fire in the first two kicks.

I sit here and listen to how fast guys are and how they have to ride with a certain group cause they ride the same speeds and I wonder how fast is fast to them? Are they riding the same stuff we are? When they crash are they only hurting there bikes? How would they ride with fishing gear and cameras too?

I rarely see anyone loaded down with gear or any gear for that matter. Are these type of users far and few between. Does any one here do this? Has everyone switched to the ATV's for this?

I didn't take it wrong at all good tread bro, wait no GREAT thread heheh . If i'm noy mistaken the creator of this site JAMES right ? wants a diversity of people here so that we can learn and enjoy other peoples company and i so far have found your addition to the forum exciting so keep it coming.
James is coming out to cali fot thanks giving and we are all tryin to get there for the DBA extravaganza of the year!! you should come and there will be an official thread coming out befor you know it i'm shure.
I've always wanted to learn how to hunt and do go fishing a lot and love hearing the stories of others. This is a new site and there will be a lot more people come with all kinds of hobbies we will be meeting and talking about all kinds of different adventures.

I'm about to be late for a meeting if i keep going so stick around and keep the stories coming with lots of pic's my brotha!!!:banana:

Bryce,

I'd be really pissed if you bailed on DBA without showing us what you ride, where you ride, and how you like to ride! :ride:

Plus! You are an XR retard like me apparently! :thumb: :smirk:

The onus is on you my friend...

Bryce, my feathers didn't get ruffled either. Hope my earlier post didn't sound too grouchy. I just re-read it, and I think it could be taken that way.:bonk:
Where abouts are you? It does sound like a riders paradise.:thumb:

Rezrider, you're right. It's not the destination. It's the journey that counts.:ride:

Sun, I think you must be in denial. You fit in just fine.:P

Hey Rolls, to support your post...the day after we met at the Rez you and Timoyz went on a "destination ride" to find Willy Boys grave...Granted not all rides are to get somewhere you've never been but the ride to where ever you're going IS the adventure...Out by the Rez ther's a ride we take everytime we go called "The Loop". It takes us into a canyon, sandwash, shale hill climbs onto plateaus (should you want to take that turn) overlooking the desert floor, back down onto a well used trail but not accessible by normal vehicle (4x4 or bike/quad required). The point I'm making is everytime we take that ride, we take along a cooler of drinks (yes water too), stop and take in the surrounding beauty...it aint just to make dust, see who can jump the farthest, etc. those times are long gone (for us anyways...the youngsters still do that stuff on THEIR rides. It's kind of a "warm up ride" if you will to get ready for other rides to be taken that trip!

Bryce, I hope you're open to this kind of stuff...we're not all about speed n' style. :ride:...:thumb:...:thinking:...Dang Labor day weekend is so far away!!! :cry:

Cool post Rez.:thumb: