Injury Pics

James

Staff member
3 months with physical therapy twice a week. Therapy is the key to get it loose and strong. My doctor had me hanging my arm down a couple hours after surgery and allowing it to rotate around to stay loose. 20 years of a messed up shoulder, I never knew it was suppose to feel that good when done.
:thumb:

The reason I ask is because I still haven't fixed may torn Labrum. I put it off because I don't won't to go through the long recovery.

Doc said:

• 6 weeks in a sling
  • then 6 weeks PT
  • 4-6 months before I can do basic riding
  • 1 Year till I'm back to normal
:banghead:

Broken Ankle without crashing! Got off course on a BC downhill and had to ride 8 miles back to the truck with this bad boy. Then drove the 5 speed manual Tacoma through San Fransquito Canyon! Fun Times! Oh Yea it was my left ankle, can you say short shift....
Are you still having any problems with this ankle?

The reason I ask is because I still haven't fixed may torn Labrum. I put it off because I don't won't to go through the long recovery.

Doc said:

• 6 weeks in a sling
  • then 6 weeks PT
You were quoted a longer healing time because women generally heal slower than men :prof:

:banana:

Doc said:

• 6 weeks in a sling
  • then 6 weeks PT
I was in a sling as well and did the PT, but I had the surgery in May and was back on the bike in Sept. Took the summer off. I went to the river in July Wakeboarding, but just did driving duties.
I had heavy travel during the summer anyways. Dr. told me that 6 months before heavy contact sports, like football. It has been 1 year this month and I have been riding hard (hard for me anyways) since Sept.

You were quoted a longer healing time because women generally heal slower than men :prof:

:lol:

James

Staff member
:lol::lol::lol: Dumbass :moon:
I was in a sling as well and did the PT, but I had the surgery in May and was back on the bike in Sept. Took the summer off. I went to the river in July Wakeboarding, but just did driving duties.
I had heavy travel during the summer anyways. Dr. told me that 6 months before heavy contact sports, like football. It has been 1 year this month and I have been riding hard (hard for me anyways) since Sept.
That sucks, guess I'll see about getting it done early fall so I'm good by spring.

Here we go I dug up some nice pictures, these are just a couple of my dirt & mtb injuries :cripple:

Broken/crushed left radius fixed with a plate and 7 screws
Before

After

Two broken ribs

And this is why you should always wear a helmet :prof:

Have not been on in a while , but here is another contribution, along with the video of the crash , did this over the 4th of July weekend , was not going fast , just hit a tree and went over a cliff a little

I still rode 50 miles after the crash , but i was pretty sore by the time i got home
http://www.vimeo.com/13138475

James

Staff member
:shocked: Damn that's brutal, :noidea: want me to send you one of those pirate eye patches? :smirk:

Whaaaaat from the hive. Just jump in and get some lol
:noidea: You already got stung once, what's another? :P

lug, put honey on it

raw honey, not cooked n jarred
Isn't there also something with tea leaves? I just remember hearing somebody say you should wrap it with them.