4 Stroke im so fucking happy

sorry Trav, jetting it fat means going up in size on the jets. Start with the pilot go up and then see how it runs, then go up on the main. you will have to play with it and find the sweet spot. When I mean is starts sputtering when throttleing up it is running rich which means too fat or to big on the jets.

SEE chokey's thread on jetting you can get an Idea on jetting. althoug you are on a 4st you can still get a general idea.

sorry Trav,jetting it fat means going up in size on the jets. Start with the pilot go up and then see how it runs. then go up on the main. you will have to play with it and find the sweet spot.

kinda figured id have to do that but was hoping to get some adivce on where to start that way im not pulling my hair out installing and uninstalling shit over and over

kinda figured id have to do that but was hoping to get some adivce on where to start that way im not pulling my hair out installing and uninstalling shit over and over

good luck but there is no set it and forget it in jetting, don't epect to install a certain set of jets and be done. Theres always temps, and elevation to take into effect as well, which will always play into your riding conditions.

good luck but there is no set it and forget it in jetting, don't epect to install a certain set of jets and be done. Theres always temps, and elevation to take into effect as well, which will always play into your riding conditions.

i dont know a lot but i know this is truth :thumb: m just trying to soak up all the info i can before i dive right into it

LPNF probably wont open till May. Geek will let us know:thumb:
You can always ride ahead if you want to hammer. I have never rode a 450 up there.

I LOVE wild flowers and riding near them.
00000065.jpg

This is MXDirtDiva's first ride with me. I took her to wild flower heaven. Off in the distance is Poppyville USA
IMG_1298.jpg

:focus:YOUR BIKE.

I will be happy to show you guys around this summer (not like I have to show Sun anything). Normally the forest opens up in May. This year may be different. The storm we had 10 days ago did alot of damage. Many many trees and branches down, more in fact than I have ever seen in my 20+ years up here. I hope they get everything clear soon and open on time. We shall see.

I will be happy to show you guys around this summer (not like I have to show Sun anything). Normally the forest opens up in May. This year may be different. The storm we had 10 days ago did alot of damage. Many many trees and branches down, more in fact than I have ever seen in my 20+ years up here. I hope they get everything clear soon and open on time. We shall see.
I could use a tour guide. :clap:

Search the orange site, lots of how to make it ride right stuff there.:thumb:
Break it in stock, but do the mods asap if you really want to ride it.
I have 4800 miles on my 08, still lovin it, especially for a 270 lb dirt bike with a license plate.
I left the stock signals until they were gone, left my stock (sub)fender on until it was eaten.
Lose the box, easy and safe(r). Run a couple lines up to make it a submarine.
Cut off restrictor in pipe, easy.
Get a JD jet kit, or similar.
Regear, it's too tall.
cheap folding mirror (don't call dualstar, good idea-lousy company)
and then
Euro underfender (non DOT)
sicass turn signals w/ rectifier (non DOT)

Let's ride!:banana:

were you listening? start at the beginning and don't cut corners! lose all the c a r b crap, do it right. jd jet kit is spot on, call him if you have questions.

honestly i had no idea what the hell you were talking about exactly when you said "Lose the box, easy and safe(r). Run a couple lines up to make it a submarine."

Sounds like a plan:thumb: Hey, maybe VCMC will clear the trail soon. Their Qualifier is coming up and the 2nd loop is usually up there.

As you said...we shall see:ride:

got the re jetting done and my sag was already perfect stock. took her for a little cruise around the block a couple times and OHH BOY is it so much better. I put that O ring on and i dont get any blurp when i twist the throttle hard now :rocker: Bike sounded really good.

its sure is a chore getting to the carb tho .... had to remove the pipe completely and to do that i had to unbolt the 2 bottom bolts to the sub frame swing it up just so i could get the pipe off.. then i had enough room to twist the carburetor enough to get to the top and bottom. Got it all back together and my E-start is making this crazy clicking noise under the seat... somehow we killed the battery and it didnt have enough juice for the relay switch. put it on a charger and after a while it was fine... Started up really nice. I think its just a butt hair to lean still tho. im not getting crazy pops or lots of backfire but you here a small pop sometimes so im gonna come out another 1/4 turn.

hopefully my sprockets come tomorrow before i ride this weekend.

also still no pants yet Big D :(