If I Were To Buy A New 250f, I Would Get A _____.

What 250f?

• Kx250f

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • rmz250

• crf250r

• crf250x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yz250f

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • wr250f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250sx-f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250xc-f

• xr250r (So Nighthawk doesn't whine)

• Total voters
If I were you Jos, I would go for the yzf. Its a reliable motor that seems to be fail proof...If you are looking for something to race and has better power and handleing I would go rmz or kx-f...

James

Staff member
45hrs is hardly broken in, ha!
Depends on the riding/racing you do. A top mx B rider would probably be on the 2nd/3rd topend by now. :bonk:

If you are looking for something to race and has better power and handleing I would go rmz or kx-f...
I'd also add the crf to that list. A buddy just got a new crf250 and I guess it turns pretty good.

From what I've heard is that the new kxf puts the most power down but the rmz and crf turn better. :noidea:

I would pick the RMZ250. I just never see them much around here, nor hear about them much. And the unknown is appealing.

Plus...it might sound 100% gay, but that yellow is sexy. :drool:
From what I have read from magazines is the motor is great and the handling is even better!

Second choice would be a YZ, because I'm a cheap bastard and I dont like broken bikes.

Like you said Jos, this is about 250f's.. I wouldn't even consider an XR in the same class as a race bike.. so nicely done..

Anyway, I'd choose the yz out of simplicity, it's still carbed so you dont need any goofy ass chips/fuses/computers if the bike isnt running right, and from what I understand the YZ's are the must reliable out of the 4 other brands.

Like you said Jos, this is about 250f's.. I wouldn't even consider an XR in the same class as a race bike.. so nicely done..

Anyway, I'd choose the yz out of simplicity, it's still carbed so you dont need any goofy ass chips/fuses/computers if the bike isnt running right, and from what I understand the YZ's are the must reliable out of the 4 other brands.
Don't cry little guy.

sounds like something I need to do :thinking:
getting a revalve or just a rebuild?
Revalve, I don't have any leaks, and I can rebuild myself. The fork is too plush, and harsh in some areas at the same time, like to dive on me. Shock is also too plush (maybe im too heavy?)

James

Staff member
Anyway, I'd choose the yz out of simplicity, it's still carbed so you dont need any goofy ass chips/fuses/computers if the bike isnt running right,
I'd take EFI over carb any day. How many EFI bikes have you seen that run like crap because of the EFI? :noidea:

I'd take EFI over carb any day. How many EFI bikes have you seen that run like crap because of the EFI? :noidea:

So far 3. My Bros buddy who finally gav up ad sold it, and Rez's, and Palmers. Then again none of these are 250's, and the last 2 mentioned didn't run bad, they just didn't run at all.:smirk: