If I Were To Buy A New 250f, I Would Get A _____.

What 250f?

• Kx250f

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • rmz250

• crf250r

• crf250x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yz250f

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • wr250f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250sx-f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250xc-f

• xr250r (So Nighthawk doesn't whine)

• Total voters
What new (2012-2013) 250f would you pick up, and why? Price? reliability? brand whoring? Beacuse blake baggit rides one? color? parts availability?

This is ONLY about 250f's, I don't care what kind of 2 stroke or non 250f you like.

My pick would have to be a the Yz250f right now. I am a ktm, honda, yamaha guy. Honda are getting fuel in the oil, and crank life seems questionable. The ktm seems like a decent bike, not sure if all the fuel injector problems are fixed yet. The YZ is what it always has been, dead reliable, at it looks really good. The carburetor is supposed to be spot on as well, something like 40mm?
2013-Yamaha-YZ250F-white-plastics-03.jpg

:hail:

KXF or YZF without a doubt, kawi for the motor or yamaha for the suspension/reliability. Yammy has seem to got the formula for the 250f perfect

well i already have the 2012 honda, so if i where to get a socond 250f i would probably get a 250xc-f (there would be no need in getting a 2nd mx bike haha) but on the other hand i have heard that the ktms have been having alot of problems. one of our riding buddies works as a machanic at a dealership that sells alot of honda, kawi and ktm dirtbikes. He is always talking about how people who buy ktms come right back with problems. they are great bikes i think, just wouldn't want to own one.
i know one thing is for sure, i love my Honda. It has about 45 hours on it and i have not had a single problem with it (other than alittle gas in the oil) the thing performs great, its reliable, engine last long, great availabity for parts, and the parts are probably the least expensive out of the makes. I have never owned the yz250f, but from what i hear it is right up there with honda when it comes to engine reliablity (might even be alittle better) plus it does not have efi so that is one less thing to worriey about. the only thing i hate about carbs is that when the bike goes on its side, a crap load of gas comes out the overflow. although the bike does not do well in magazine shootouts, i still wouldnt mind having one.

YZ250F hands down, it is by far the best handling bike I've ever ridden. A bit down on power compared to the kawi but its easier to add horsepower than it is to improve handling.

that and good ol carb'd 5 valve reliability.

well i already have the 2012 honda, so if i where to get a socond 250f i would probably get a 250xc-f (there would be no need in getting a 2nd mx bike haha) but on the other hand i have heard that the ktms have been having alot of problems. one of our riding buddies works as a machanic at a dealership that sells alot of honda, kawi and ktm dirtbikes. He is always talking about how people who buy ktms come right back with problems. they are great bikes i think, just wouldn't want to own one.
i know one thing is for sure, i love my Honda. It has about 45 hours on it and i have not had a single problem with it (other than alittle gas in the oil) the thing performs great, its reliable, engine last long, great availabity for parts, and the parts are probably the least expensive out of the makes. I have never owned the yz250f, but from what i hear it is right up there with honda when it comes to engine reliablity (might even be alittle better) plus it does not have efi so that is one less thing to worriey about. the only thing i hate about carbs is that when the bike goes on its side, a crap load of gas comes out the overflow. although the bike does not do well in magazine shootouts, i still wouldnt mind having one.
45hrs is hardly broken in, ha!
Yeah, the ktm's have had tons of FI problems