If I Were To Buy A New 250f, I Would Get A _____.

What 250f?

• Kx250f

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • rmz250

• crf250r

• crf250x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yz250f

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • wr250f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250sx-f

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 250xc-f

• xr250r (So Nighthawk doesn't whine)

• Total voters

James

Staff member
They are all reliable (as in shouldn't explode) for a C rider such as myself if they are maintained correctly. Yamaha has the most solid head, also cost the most to rebuild.
Ditto, unless it's a C rider that revs the piss out of it in attempt to look fast. :bonk:

I know guys that have over a 100 hours on a piston (4 stroke) and also guys who have to change them every ~10 hours. A lot depends on how you ride and maintain it.

Lol according to my manual it's says to change the piston every 15 hours. It also says to change the oil every 15 hours. So you should do a piston change with every oil change haha. Makes no sense

While riding it doesn't bother you. When you get off tho that is another story. My pants are ruined because of my pipe! I own the TC250.

Eesh!!
My problem with that is...I crash too often and if that bike landed pretty much anywhere on you, you are going to be burnt hard. How is that possibly a good idea?! I haven't taken a liking to the whole tiny plastic fad on the Huskys and the extra small side plates on the KTMs.

James

Staff member
Lol according to my manual it's says to change the piston every 15 hours. It also says to change the oil every 15 hours. So you should do a piston change with every oil change haha. Makes no sense
Yeah that always got me. :lol: :facepalm:

So people can't complain if their bike blows up after 15 hours :lol: "we told you to change your piston!"