Idaho back country Mining Ride

thats really cool. i wish i could see it in its full glory. For some reason the way pics get embeded on this site is messed up. makes a real small pic but when i click it instead of it showing the originol image its just a blank white box.

You can look at it on this link.

http://hydrophotography.smugmug.com/Private/Trips/13082601_8PNso#949541967_feuNE-X3-LB

To view any of the others bigger you can view them here.
http://hydrophotography.smugmug.com/Private/Trips/13082601_8PNso#948110619_xsR3y

thanks. By the way what prog do you use to stitch the photos for the panoramic shots ?

ive done a few.
3350144396_b57a34d630_o.jpg

1448c1y.jpg

2jcj4aq.jpg

:clap:Excellent report! So beautiful! You are lucky to have parents into the outdoors and exploring. Boy do I wish I could go on a ride there. Someday I hope, Idaho is on my bucket list!:thumb:

As promised. Here is a shot looking down on the down. You can see the town in the center of the photo.
949795317_DNxCh-L.jpg

Turning to the right.
949796540_ZoRCY-L.jpg

Farther to the Right.
949797452_p4cm2-L.jpg

Farther to the Right (Basically 180 degrees from the first photo.)
949798562_QXVYE-L.jpg

Farther around to the right.
949799697_8cUjz-L.jpg

Farther.
949800760_mefM9-L.jpg

Farther to the right. Getting closer to the town again
949801921_522WH-L.jpg

And now the panaroma
949541967_feuNE-L.jpg

So to wrap up this trip Saturday we road 86 miles. Some of it was pretty tech and I would say it was for an intermidiate rider. Definitly not beginer. I'm not a real agressive rider but you have to be a little conservitive riding in this areas cause its a long ways and time to the hospital. I was really curious how far my WR250 could make it before I turned on the reserve. I made it 86 miles and still hadn't kicked it on. :thumb: Though she was very close cause she was thirsty when I put fuel in it.:ride: After the tree tried to dump me over the handle bars by pushing my front brake for me I will be putting brush guards on very soon. Over all the WR was a blast on this ride my only complaint was it needs a 6th gear. I missed the 6th gear my older bike has. When you get a straight stretch or your cruising back to town its nice to open it up and let it breath. After grunting and diggin its way up the mountain in 1st gear I'm worried about over heating the bike and I'm looking at installing some fans. Other then that it was a blast. Bike is getting its oil changed and air filter clean and we are off to explore more of Idaho this weekend!:thumb:

I have CS4 just find I can do everything I need in PS6. In all honesty I just haven't spent a ton of time on CS4.

check out the new CS5 its absolutly amazing... since that is out now i dont trust a single picture on the internet... it makes things SOOOO easy

Hey Bryce...how far do you have to drive/ride to get to OPEN country...less mountain terrain, less trees more desert type terrain?

About 10 miles from my house.

You are talking country like this right. In the first picture you an see a lake in the back ground. Just above my rear fender by the lake is where we live. That lake is Lake Lowell and that is Nampa, ID.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2980copy.jpg

About 10 miles from my house.

You are talking country like this right. In the first picture you an see a lake in the back ground. Just above my rear fender by the lake is where we live. That lake is Lake Lowell and that is Nampa, ID.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2980copy.jpg

Real nice country................the reason I ask is this, on our way back home from vacationing in Utah ("Bryce" and Zion Canyon, etc) we went up to a camp ground off the highway that connects the 15 and the Canyons (can't remember the name...Brians Head mtn area). The trees were so thick and tall I felt claustrophobic. That's not the only area, I need to be able to see for miles and miles...and have my cactus fix now and then!...:thumb:

That is the cool thing about idaho. Especially where I live. In 1 hour you can be deep in the desert or deep in the mountains with all the trees and creeks.