I HATE GO PRO!!!!!!!!

Bummer....I wonder if mine is jacked up too? I havent used it yet but this makes me nervous. I got the HD Hero last June. Grrrr....this better not happen to me because I am NOT computer saavy girl. Thanks to this post I know ahead of time BEFORE I start filming!! Gosh, nothing worse then thinking you got some great video or photos and find out otherwise. Now one more thing on the list before I start using it.

So sorry!:thumbsdown:
It least you got some good moto in:thumb:

ok so you are screwed on your footage, there is a utility that can fix corrupted files but this is not the case. it is a bug in the firmware.... this is a response from gopro tho...

"We have recently discovered some 'bugs' in the camera's firmware that can cause the issue you are experiencing. We have corrected this problem through a newer firmware that has been released. Please be sure to update your camera to the latest version by following the instructions in the below link:"
www.gopro.com/support/hd-hero2-firmware-update/

so update your firmware as many others have had the same problem and they are saying the new firmware fixes it.

dont trip either... the firmware updates are easy as hell to do. if you still have issues contact gopro and they will prolly send you a new unit.

Wow! That was very neighborly of you! Kudos! :thumb:

Bummer....I wonder if mine is jacked up too? I havent used it yet but this makes me nervous. I got the HD Hero last June. Grrrr....this better not happen to me because I am NOT computer saavy girl. Thanks to this post I know ahead of time BEFORE I start filming!! Gosh, nothing worse then thinking you got some great video or photos and find out otherwise. Now one more thing on the list before I start using it.

So sorry!:thumbsdown:
It least you got some good moto in:thumb:

its only on the HD hero 2 and if you do get one of the HD2's i would recomend doing the firmware update before using it. the problem is a known issue and the company has fixed it you just have to install the fix so to speak.

wow you got a go pro last june and you havnt used it yet?

i understand she has had a broke bike but still... first ride back i would have plastered it on ym helmet and let it run till battery dies.

i can kinda understand tho. i almost ALWAYS bring camera's with me on my rides but once in a while i just go... its nice to just ride and not have to worry about all the media stuff once in a while.

i understand she has had a broke bike but still... first ride back i would have plastered it on ym helmet and let it run till battery dies.

i can kinda understand tho. i almost ALWAYS bring camera's with me on my rides but once in a while i just go... its nice to just ride and not have to worry about all the media stuff once in a while.

My Husband bought it for me/us when I was on vacation up in Reno. It was a birthday/family gift. So:rant: this gave my Son the green light to take it before I even got home to film BMX, skating and jumping in our pool from the roof top. He had it since but I finally got it in my possesion. I just need to figure it all out. I was told yesterday that the battery lasts a long time. I just assumed it was only good for a short period of time like my other video camera. Now I need a large card, and I think I want the chest mount. According to my Son our camera doesn NOT have THAT problem. I look forward to filming with it because then Im not holding a phone pointed people's faces. Often people suddenly become aware and start acting different or stop doing what I wanted to film:smirk: I like candid footage:D

2 hours on a battery. id grab a couple extra's. I have the chesty but cant really use it when i ride because i have the ogio vest now and it just wouldn't sit right.....lets make a deal?

I've got the old gopro that takes the AAA Batteries, have posted a couple of small vid links using the camera. Seems good enough for what I do, haven't had any issues, batteries last about an hour :( , that's only the main bummer, but an hour of footage is OK, or I just take spare batteries with me. If the old camera dies then I'll think about the HD one, it has to be one of the best cameras I've tried.

A :wink:

I've got the old gopro that takes the AAA Batteries, have posted a couple of small vid links using the camera. Seems good enough for what I do, haven't had any issues, batteries last about an hour :( , that's only the main bummer, but an hour of footage is OK, or I just take spare batteries with me. If the old camera dies then I'll think about the HD one, it has to be one of the best cameras I've tried.

A :wink:

i kinda like that about the 960. might cost more in the long run but if you are out away from home you can always stop by any store and get more.