I HATE GO PRO!!!!!!!!

i bought a hero2 back in november. ever since i bought it, about 1 out of every 4 videos plays back with a purple screen with just audio. so whenever i am recording a video and capture some action i think to myself "man i cant wait to go home and watch the footage". so today i was at the track and rode the best i have ever riden in my life. and i filmed some great action. on the way home i couldent wait to see the videos. so when i pluged it up to the TV guess what, THEY ALL CAME BACK WITH A PURPLE SCREEN! :rant::foul:i am so pissed right now. my dad just sent them an e mail about it. i saw the post on this site (in the product review section) that their customer sevice was great so i hope that is true. i attached a pic of the purple screen
DSC00180.jpg

ok so you are screwed on your footage, there is a utility that can fix corrupted files but this is not the case. it is a bug in the firmware.... this is a response from gopro tho...

"We have recently discovered some 'bugs' in the camera's firmware that can cause the issue you are experiencing. We have corrected this problem through a newer firmware that has been released. Please be sure to update your camera to the latest version by following the instructions in the below link:"
www.gopro.com/support/hd-hero2-firmware-update/

so update your firmware as many others have had the same problem and they are saying the new firmware fixes it.

dont trip either... the firmware updates are easy as hell to do. if you still have issues contact gopro and they will prolly send you a new unit.

np.... jsut a quick google and i checked the forums.... more people i can help get thier gopros correct the more vids i get to watch :thumb:

James

Staff member
Moved the thread as this is more a support issue.

:thumb: If the firmware upgrade doesn't fix it, contact GoPro support and they'll take care of you.

I've had a few times when i really hit some gnarly stuff or really wanted to record but ill accidentally set it to picture mode or i wont hit the button hard enough and it doesnt record, hate when that happens

I've had a few times when i really hit some gnarly stuff or really wanted to record but ill accidentally set it to picture mode or i wont hit the button hard enough and it doesnt record, hate when that happens
i cant wait for the wifi pac to come out. :thumb:

its a program for your PC or mac. that program does the update apparently... i never used it... with the old gopro you just download a file and put it on your memory card then put it into the gopro and it updates. so its different now.