Husky Memorial

Hello Katie (if you're reading). I met you at Taylor's 1st Annual Ride. Don't know if you remember me, I'm the one that brought you a checkered flag to hold at your son's Memorial Service. I also placed a checkered flag next to his monument (seen in the pictures). I still have the checkered armband and bandana we were given to wear on the ride. I also keep a checkered ribbon magnet we were given with Taylor's name on it in our motorhome in rememberance of your son. I think our friend's the Wilcox's were camped with you the weekend Taylor passed away. I know every holiday, birthday and annual Memorial Ride date that passes way heavy on your heart. Please know many here, including myself, keep Taylor, you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Hard to see more memorials have since been added to the Huskey. But, glad there is a unique place like this where people within the riding community can go to pay tribute to friends and family members. If you've never been to this monument, it's quite moving and worth visiting.

OldMan was very instrumental in coordinating Taylor's 1st Annual Ride. :thumb: Not to mention the awesome ride back to camp he took us on (the 3rd tube was the charm :smirk:). :thumb:

Hello Mxdirtdiva,
Yes, Of course I remember you. I'll never forget that first memorial ride. Can you believe it's been three years? Thank you for letting me know that Taylor's memory does live on.... that's what helps me get through "this" new reality for me. Yes, your right we were camped with the Wilcox's that weekend. They are good friends, and also continue to support us and the memorial ride. I saw some more recent pictures, and your right, the memorial seems to be getting bigger. Sad, but like you said, it is a neat place for "us" and family and friends can go to pay tribute to family & loved ones. OldMan is again involved this year, along a few others that have approached us to be involved. I'm so humbled by the interest and continued support for this ride for Taylor and ALL the fallen riders... I see you cannot be there this year, but maybe we can connect again in the future... Thank you :)

I'm a forwarding this message from the DIRT (Desert Incident Response Team) Leader. He has posted this on another forum, and I wanted to share on this forum as well:

"For those attending this ride: The DIRT team will help make sure everyone gets there and comes back. Will have trucks in the back of the ride to help anyone. If you think you are going to need extra fuel, be sure to mark your name on the fuel can and we'll be glad to bring it to Husky and have them at Borax Bill when you return.

This ride is very important to our team and especially to those who were there with Taylor. All those who are remembered at Husky have a life story and it is great to have their family/friends share a chapter of their life when we arrive at Husky.

The color theme for the ride is Checkered attire/ribbons, etc. (Although not sure if they will still be checkered when we get through all this mud).

We'll see you there...."