Husky & Husaberg Merge?

:clap: That is why you add the 300RR Beta dummy. :bonk:

I doubt it very much! Beta is such a better platform than KTM, Husaberg or Husqvarna. Even if HNA pays him back the over $200,000.00 in parts inventory and warranty work done over the years he will not hold that license for a dealership. Face it, when you get burned and they ignore you, you have a bad taste in your mouth for the rest of your life. There are places and things in my life that I will never go to or do because of being burned once. Restaurants, Banks, repair shops, they are one time uses, and I will never darken those doors again.

That is a dumb design and should have never made production. The fuel and engine weight is all at the top making the bike hard to maneuver at slow speeds. (Switchbacks Rez?) Bet as a flat out desert racer it would work good until you get in the tight stuff, then you suffer.

Could have been the problem... I blame it on uncertainty of skills, unfamiliar with bike (not sure I'' have done any better on El Diablo), top heavy ME PLUS back pack/tool chest..... waters under that bridge and it aint coming back!

Guys love the 390cc 70 degree in the tight stuff. :noidea:

YUP, the Berg team riders (not bike owners) have done very well with them ...
I just wish Honda and Yamaha would get their heads outta their proverbial :moon: and take notice. If they were ever to attend an organized dual sport ride and just look around....:doh:

You're right

Yah, the guys that own them will not talk crap on them. Whatever, weight is to high, I would hate it. :D
Light bikes, low CG, tight woods or tech trails. :thumb:

according to BERG the reason for this was to centerize the weight...

Well, my friend Roger just got his 450X Nevada plated since he will be leaving it there for his brother to ride. Of course, his brother isn't very mechanically inclined so every other weekend or so, Roger will go get it and bring it back to do some work on it. We will then go ride it to test it and then some time during the middle of the night he will go return it to his brother in Nevada. Then the vicious cycle will start all over again. But then again, what are brothers for:thumb:

As far as motorcycles are concerned the name Husqvarna really means nothing any more. It's been through so many hands that I'm not sure I even know them all. Originally it was Swedish, then an Italian company Cagiva bought them a while back (25 years?). Cagiva was merged/acquired MV Agusta in the early 90's. By 2004 Cagiva/MV Agusta where on the rocks and a Malaysian car company bought the company. In 2005 the Malaysians wanted out of the motorcycle biz and sold the company to an Itialian business named GEVI SpA, for one euro along with a boat load of debt. In 2007 BMW picked up the brand and finally it's now with KTM.

As far as I'm concerned all of what was Husqvarna got lost in all those transactions. It's just a name now.

In several of these transactions support of old model years was dropped and those owners got screwed. At least it has an owner now who is committed to off road.

Story made it into the LA Times http://www.latimes.com/business/aut...aberg-together-again-20130516,0,4083631.story

All I can say is that if you own a Husaberg, sell it quick before part support goes bye bye.

Taking the last paragraph I think all the Berg owners can wait and see, or get out now.

"It appears that marque will go the way of such noble dirt bike lines as Bultaco, Montesa, Ossa, CZ, Maico and others -- into the history books. No word from KTM whether or for how long parts will be available for Husaberg owners."

In any event, if I owned one I would dump it! Same reason I dumped my three other Huskies! As long as George at Up-tite supports the older bikes I am safe with just the one as he makes or has most of the parts sourced and/or made from reputable German and American Companies.

The problem happens when you need something that is difficult for a small guy like George to make. Examples would be a piston, an engine side cover, a case half, a connecting rod, or a similar part. One bad rock strike on your engine case and the entire bike is done. It's the same issue that the vintage bike guys have. A case half is just about impossible, a piston not so much. For example you can get pistons custom made.

If I remember correctly it's a few thousand for the first piston, but the next 100 are more like 200 each. Will George risk that much capital?

@ TS (Turtle Shifter....Ken)... after talking about this yesterday made me re-read what was printed... It says that KTM (who has owned H'berg since 95) will merge H'berg with Husky and desolve the H'berg name... I think the wording is just semantics KTM bought then CEO purchased, etc... it's all under the same KTM label...

@ TS (Turtle Shifter....Ken)... after talking about this yesterday made me re-read what was printed... It says that KTM (who has owned H'berg since 95) will merge H'berg with Husky and desolve the H'berg name... I think the wording is just semantics KTM bought then CEO purchased, etc... it's all under the same KTM label...
Yeah, semantics to us, but prolly legal jargon to them is something different. For the consumer, all KTM.