Other Honda Xr350r Timing

It was blowing through the intake when I put it together last night again. I'll wait till I get the manual I ordered and double check some stuff. I'm gonna wait till it's running to buy a cam chain

Wait till it's running? to buy a cam chain? Now I understand not putting a new drive chain on until it's running but cam chain? If you're gonna do it
Do it right. If you're still undecided whether to
Go all in on this bike then you may as well stop now.

It was blowing through the intake when I put it together last night again. I'll wait till I get the manual I ordered and double check some stuff. I'm gonna wait till it's running to buy a cam chain

A certain amount of that will be due to overlap during the exhaust stroke. Just know what you are trying to chase down. That is why I asked earlier if you were actually trying to start it. If I was going to replace the cam chain, it would be BEFORE it was running. I hope you are taking lots of written notes for the next time.

SRAD97750

Staff member
It was blowing through the intake when I put it together last night again.
A certain amount of that will be due to overlap during the exhaust stroke. Just know what you are trying to chase down.
A carburetor with no airfilter installed will seem like it's 'spitting' some fuel the wrong direction out of the carburetor. This is normal as mentioned above. There is a lot more being pulled the other direction on intake. -BIG DAN:thumb:

A carburetor with no airfilter installed will seem like it's 'spitting' some fuel the wrong direction out of the carburetor. This is normal as mentioned above. There is a lot more being pulled the other direction on intake. -BIG DAN:thumb:
It's almost like a backfire coming from the carb. And it only does it every now and then not all the time

if you add a bad spark plug cap, bad ground, coil wire etc you can get that. If you have the pipe off, it gets even easier. flooding or lean condition. in other words if the engine is generally out of tune. air leaks, omg will they bring similar results. as they age out, the resemble a pile of parts that is working against itself. When you dont know for sure how it was running before all this, and still may not have fixed the reason that the first set of valves was bent, it makes your job kind of tough. The next one you do, should be a piece of cake once you beat this one. If nothing else you might learn what to listen to, and extend that to what you might want to read.

if you add a bad spark plug cap, bad ground, coil wire etc you can get that. If you have the pipe off, it gets even easier. flooding or lean condition. in other words if the engine is generally out of tune. air leaks, omg will they bring similar results. as they age out, the resemble a pile of parts that is working against itself. When you dont know for sure how it was running before all this, and still may not have fixed the reason that the first set of valves was bent, it makes your job kind of tough. The next one you do, should be a piece of cake once you beat this one. If nothing else you might learn what to listen to, and extend that to what you might want to read.
I'll check the gap and replace the spark plug wire since it's pretty easy to do. I only got a homemade muffler thing with it when I got it and I didn't hook I back up but I will hook it up and try it

well make sure you have clean carbs, float set on the one that has a float, and no airleaks and give starting a try if you are confident that chain isnt going to grenade.