Help me prove my friend wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
err need to add even more.. a two stroke can achieve lower rpm idle speeds as due to its lower compression ratios and higher intake vacuum.. how ever its marginal at best compared to its counter part 4t dirtbike motor..

James

Staff member
....Hell If you look at alot of threads about people saying there bike wont idle.. They are trying to get there bike to idle to that of what a car idles.. Yet they fail to realize that a car has multiple cylinders and a massive counterweight keeping the engine's rotational mass moving at low rpms.. a dirtbike is a single cylinder with little to no rotational mass and thus can not idle at 800rpms... 2000rpms is the idle speed of these machines...
:thumb: I remember that you "fixed" my idle a few years ago.

This past summer a buddy kept on stalling his bike, the culprit? Had his idle to low. :bonk:

That was an awesome Race :thumb: Monkey boy Looking good out there. That smoker was hot on his tall too and that puts allot of stress on you too but he held it together great!!

:lol: and mom ( none of that foolin around stuff Nelson in a race :rant:) I have a feeling if she could reach him it would look like this :gibbs:

rode ktm200exc back to back with yz250f this weekend (both 04, similar peak hp)
200exc is way torquier off the bottom, rips on top too,
yz250f hits hard in the mid to high rpm, and has superb traction at higher rpm compared to the 2 stroke.

rode ktm200exc back to back with yz250f this weekend (both 04, similar peak hp)
200exc is way torquier off the bottom, rips on top too,
yz250f hits hard in the mid to high rpm, and has superb traction at higher rpm compared to the 2 stroke.
I've never riden a 200 exc but I've riden alot of 250 2 strokes and they are never torqy on the bottom end only in the powerband

HAHAHA

Enduro bikes are waaay different... My 220 is nothing BUT bottom end, it's actually got very little on top(cause its stock)

HAHAHA

Enduro bikes are waaay different... My 220 is nothing BUT bottom end, it's actually got very little on top(cause its stock)
I rode a 220 with a fmf pipe and pro circuit silencer, quite torqeuy, no top end compared to my 200exc, much less snap too, but more tractor-ability. My cr250 had allot of bottom end too, much more power off the bottom than a 250f, but way less traction. It's really hard to beat a 250f for traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.