Help me prove my friend wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
True that lol well James made fun of me enough now that I watch my grammar :lol: but I'm sending my stock suspension in to get it revalved this upcoming weekend. I'm really excited! But not about the cost though haha

True that lol well James made fun of me enough now that I watch my grammar :lol: but I'm sending my stock suspension in to get it revalved this upcoming weekend. I'm really excited! But not about the cost though haha
You are a dumbass sometimes... you have the worst spelling ever. And transworld sucks... All bikes come with superb suspension, it just needs to be tuned to your weight and style.

James

Staff member
Plus, check your spell check next time you write a post.
:lol: Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? :facepalm:
True that lol well James made fun of me enough now that I watch my grammar :lol:
That I did. :smirk:

Thanks for actually making a half decent effort of it. :thumb::smirk:
All bikes come with superb suspension, it just needs to be tuned to your weight and style.
Superb? Depends on the rider's skill level.
So what is factory suspension then oh smart one?
Something that only Pro's can take advantage of. I'm willing to bet that I'd be a lot slower if I had Villipoto's suspension as I don't ride fast/hard enough to actually use it.

Something that only Pro's can take advantage of. I'm willing to bet that I'd be a lot slower if I had Villipoto's suspension as I don't ride fast/hard enough to actually use it.
You would not be able to use the travel, and you would be way beat up bye it.

Like I said above (I think Jos did as well), the AMA amateur rulebook allows 250 and 250f's to be raced together. The AMA Pro rulebook doesn't though. :thumb:

I think the problem they face is, what's considered fair?

If you take the rider out of the equation a 250 (against a 250f) might win, however there's a lot more to it than just raw power/torque. For example at the local tracks, kids on 250's are routinely getting beat by 250f's. Plus if an (under-powered) 250f can have a faster lap time than most of the pro 450f class, is the bike (power) really that much of the overall equation? :noidea:

:thinking: 7 guys on 250F's had lap times under 2:15, but only 4 450F riders did. :noidea:

2011 High Point National
250 Class Qualifying Source
  1. Blake Baggett 2:12.768
  2. Tyla Rattray 2:13.294
  3. Darryn Durham 2:13.403
  4. Dean Wilson 2:13.612
  5. Ryan Sipes 2:13.860
  6. Broc Tickle 2:14.191
  7. Eli Tomac 2:14.544
  8. Nico Izzi 2:15.212
450 Class Qualifying Source
  1. Ryan Villopoto 2:11.719
  2. Chad Reed 2:12.872
  3. Kevin Windham 2:14.319
  4. Mike Alessi 2:14.596
  5. Ryan Dungey 2:15.032

:thumb: My buddy (B-class) was turning the same lap times on a yz125 and his yz450f.

James

Staff member
That's really cool, I'm sticking on my 125 for another year or two until I get faster. It's teaching me corner speed so I can keep up with the 250f guys :thumb:
If Chad does end up getting a 250f you're going to be the only 125. :P

This has been an extremely informative thread......:picard:....what I really need to know is, what has more staying power; "Axe" or "Oldspice"?

My personal opinion is this - take two gifted riders, one on a 250f and one on a 250 2t and my money is on the 2t every time. You are welcome for this insightful and informative post :prof:

If Chad does end up getting a 250f you're going to be the only 125. :P
Haha no there was a kid out there that got a beater 125 on my last ride of the year. Him and his dad were planning on fixing it up. The suspension was stupid, he was probably 100 lbs and he let me ride it and the springs way to stiff and I'm 35 lbs heavier. His dad was saying how he should bore out the engine and stuff to make him faster, so I told him about suspension and how that IS the number one thing.

James

Staff member
Haha no there was a kid out there that got a beater 125 on my last ride of the year. Him and his dad were planning on fixing it up. The suspension was stupid, he was probably 100 lbs and he let me ride it and the springs way to stiff and I'm 35 lbs heavier. His dad was saying how he should bore out the engine and stuff to make him faster, so I told him about suspension and how that IS the number one thing.
:lol: Right I remember that guy (dad), he was the one that took advice/suggestions as criticism. The kid was cool though. :ride:

Braxton is still on a 125 though right? I know that Denver got a kx250f, he'll be unstoppable. :bonk:

Now ur saying 13k they still won't rev to 12k

Hahah son, you are not very wise are you... Let me explain one thing.. My 2003 yamaha R6 redlined at 17k.. I personaly had it to 16,500rpm.. My 2011 kx250f has a redline of 13,500 and I have hit the revlimiter several times. It also is capable of going past that but runs the risk of valve float so that is why there is a rev limit of 13,500. Do not kid your self modern day 4strokes out rev their counterpart two strokes.. Unless you consider the super small bore RC two stroke engines that can rev upto 30+k rpms.. but if you want to get nit picky.. the f1 engines that are 3ltr v8s can rev upto around 20k

I also want to note.. the other reason [why its capped at 13.5krpm] is that the cost of designing a better valve train to cope with higher rpms and to precision balancing the crank and piston is why they did not design it to go further then 13.5.. There are other reasons for limiting it to 13.5k but they are for basic functionality in a dirtbike doesn't need to be much higher.. It's also that OMG it's going to blow thought people get when reving something that high.. If you look at the fact people are used to there cars.. and refuse to get past that.. Hell If you look at alot of threads about people saying there bike wont idle.. They are trying to get there bike to idle to that of what a car idles.. Yet they fail to realize that a car has multiple cylinders and a massive counterweight keeping the engine's rotational mass moving at low rpms.. a dirtbike is a single cylinder with little to no rotational mass and thus can not idle at 800rpms... 2000rpms is the idle speed of these machines.. this is why the need for a higher rpm ceiling to allow the engine to propagate power over a broader spectrum..

Status
Not open for further replies.