Help me prove my friend wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my friend thinks he knows everything about bikes. He seems to think that 2ts have a ton of torque. I try to tell him that they really don't have torque they are built with little cylinder stroke witch causes them to have alot of rpms he must think that rpms are torque but if a 2t has so much torque then why do u have to get it to the topend for it to have power. So basically what I'm saying is 2t has no torque which is why the 4t is better on the track because it gets up and goes alot faster because it has so much torque

2t's do have more torque....

The yz250 has around 30 ft/lbs while the yz250f has like 20 ft/lbs. And the yz is in a lower state of tune(less explodey) and makes significantly more hp...

And most 2t's you don't need to get in the band to have power... except small bores that are tuned out(mx 65's, 85's, 100's, 125's) and apparently you ride a aluminum framed CR 250? my guess is it's a early 2000's so it's probably got the electronic powervalve, whacky porting, and weird crankcase volumes, so it may seem to have very little bottom end, because well they were set up terribly from factory.

The yz250 has around 30 ft/lbs while the yz250f has like 20 ft/lbs. And the yz is in a lower state of tune(less explodey) and makes significantly more hp...

And most 2t's you don't need to get in the band to have power... except small bores that are tuned out(mx 65's, 85's, 100's, 125's) and apparently you ride a aluminum framed CR 250? my guess is it's a early 2000's so it's probably got the electronic powervalve, whacky porting, and weird crankcase volumes, so it may seem to have very little bottom end, because well they were set up terribly from factory.

he has a 2000 cr250, great low end motor:prof: But he has admitted his jetting is way off, probably causing it to be boggy:thinking:

That's a 250f though u can't compare a 250f to a 250t a 450f has more torque than a 250t is compared to a 450f and my bike is. A 2000 it has decent bottom end but the torque is nowhere near the torque of a 4t that's the whole reason AMA riders switched is 4ts are torque monsters and you dont have to shift and use the clutch as much. But my point is that my friend thinks 2t has q ass load of torque

That's a 250f though u can't compare a 250f to a 250t a 450f has more torque than a 250t is compared to a 450f and my bike is. A 2000 it has decent bottom end but the torque is nowhere near the torque of a 4t that's the whole reason AMA riders switched is 4ts are torque monsters and you dont have to shift and use the clutch as much. But my point is that my friend thinks 2t has q ass load of torque

Why not compare a 250 to 250f, they are legal to race each other in most amateur events?:devil:

he has a 2000 cr250, great low end motor:prof: But he has admitted his jetting is way off, probably causing it to be boggy:thinking:

No my jetting is back on point it really does have good bottom end just the torque isn't there it has a build up of rpms which is where the power is

James

Staff member
A sometimes forgotten fact is that under AMA amateur rules you can race a 250 and 250f in the same class.

Why not compare a 250 to 250f, they are legal to race each other in most amateur events?:devil:

Because AMA doesn't compare them they race 125s with 250fs 2ts are quicker they just don't have constant power like a 4t does you have to build it up

But that's apples to oranges:thumb:

See, much to the contrary of the AMA, it's not fair to put a bike with almost half the CC of another in the same class. If you compare fairly, a 250 2t has more torque and ponies than a 250f, and you don't need to build up RPM's either! 2t's are very tunable and if you tune a 250(2t) to be torquey and have a wide powerband, it will still make more power everywhere than a 250f, While having the easy to control tractable characteristics.

You need to hop on an enduro 2t my friend :thumb:

this:thumb:

But that's apples to oranges:thumb:

See, much to the contrary of the AMA, it's not fair to put a bike with almost half the CC of another in the same class. If you compare fairly, a 250 2t has more torque and ponies than a 250f, and you don't need to build up RPM's either! 2t's are very tunable and if you tune a 250(2t) to be torquey and have a wide powerband, it will still make more power everywhere than a 250f, While having the easy to control tractable characteristics.

this:thumb:

A 250f has superior traction on an mx/sx style track

Status
Not open for further replies.