Help a newbie out?

Dude needs a 4 stroke! Nuff said! If the skill level is low, and the "lipids" are high, 4 stroke! I think the early XR Hondas make the best 4 strokes ever produced in the world. XR400R. But if I had to get a cheap, reliable, modern (2004+) 4 stroke, I'd give the nod to the Yamaha WR series. Not for any other reason than they are good engines. They need tweaking in other areas. But the motor lasts! And that's important as hell!

nevermind

Not saying anything here but at 250lbs plus the riding gear you may want to think about a 450 or more. :thinking: I loved my YZ450 and I am around 220lbs plus gear. :devil:

A 250 2 stroke if just fine for a big rider I'm 250 or 260 my self and I gotta sit on the gas tank it keep my front end down

yeah, I sold it for profit, it had a good motor, but once I got my 200 tuned perfect, I really didn't miss the cr:thumb:

I'm just a Honda guy to be honest they have always treated me good have very good power and I like the feel I've tried other bikes before and I really like Honda they are really reliable also. I've never tried a ktm I heard they have really fast engines but I've seen to many videos of them getting split in half after getting jumped lol

I'm just a Honda guy to be honest they have always treated me good have very good power and I like the feel I've tried other bikes before and I really like Honda they are really reliable also. I've never tried a ktm I heard they have really fast engines but I've seen to many videos of them getting split in half after getting jumped lol

I have seen 2 of those vids, very odd, Im guessing they are from previously cracked frames, or from over torqued bolts

One was a 450 exc that jumped like 90 ft and cased HARD

The other was a older 125 sx that the guy was drunk while riding it and he had over torqued the bolts