Helmet Thread (So you can leave our RRs alone)

corsair_v_carbon_2_detail.jpg

found one for you

This is an Arai Corsair V RC

retails for $3995.00 (yes 4 thousand dollars!!!)

it takes 6 weeks for Arai to make it and it consists of eleven layers of Carbon fiber with fiberglass resign.
ghey

James

Staff member
corsair_v_carbon_2_detail.jpg

found one for you

This is an Arai Corsair V RC

retails for $3995.00 (yes 4 thousand dollars!!!)

it takes 6 weeks for Arai to make it and it consists of eleven layers of Carbon fiber with fiberglass resign.
What's their reason for charging so much?

James

Staff member
And......? :noidea: Does it provide more protection or are you just paying for a "custom" helmet (that takes 6 weeks to build :smirk:)?

Holy colors M33 :thumb: That is a nice looking lid even though I am not a HJC fan once you pass 10...
I'm with him, I'm not an HJC fan what so ever but it looks nice.

What year is the snell approval on it? And I see someone got all jelly with the helmet talk when I bought mine :devil:

Apparently that helmet is a special order, built to the size of the customers head. And the worst part is that if you get it and it doesn't fit you can't return it or get your money back. I guess if you know the risk and still do it it's your problem.

I'm with him, I'm not an HJC fan what so ever but it looks nice.

What year is the snell approval on it? And I see someone got all jelly with the helmet talk when I bought mine :devil:

I'm not an HJC fan either and since Shoei no longer provides a a GREAT helmet at a REASONABLE price ($400+ is way too much) I opted for the HJC. They seem to make the helmets for most of the companies anyway.

Holy colors M33 :thumb: That is a nice looking lid even though I am not a HJC fan once you pass 10...

Its pretty damn Snazzy aint it? I was gonna try and find some super vibrant moto duds to match.... :smirk:

James

Staff member
Apparently that helmet is a special order, built to the size of the customers head. And the worst part is that if you get it and it doesn't fit you can't return it or get your money back. I guess if you know the risk and still do it it's your problem.
At that price I'm willing to bet that they'll take a mold of your head.

A custom molded helmet will provide the best protection as great fit is the key thing in protection. I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf helmet that will fit better, so I guess this could be one of the safest helmets. However with that said, at $4k it's not very cost effective. :lol:

At that price I'm willing to bet that they'll take a mold of your head.

A custom molded helmet will provide the best protection as great fit is the key thing in protection. I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf helmet that will fit better, so I guess this could be one of the safest helmets. However with that said, at $4k it's not very cost effective. :lol:
Few people dump $600 on a shoei, let alone over X6 that! Especially since helmets are really so brittle