Hello,

Hello, all! Pleased to be here. I'm Cy and I'm a cycle addict. Thanks for having me.

Sacramento has been my home for a decade now, and some of the best people I know here "came from the internet"- so I'm here in your base hoping to make more good friends to ride new places with. As dirt bikers, we're pretty much the creme de la creme, so I love you all already- even if you ride a KTM. :P

Just kidding, I'm the proud owner of my first Kaboom (300XC, my first 2 stroke dirt bike). The 300 is so much fun that my other bikes gather dust (HVA SM610, Kwak crotch rocket). I'm a spastic noob on the dirt bike, but have been riding street bikes for 20 years now. My current mission is to learn slow wheelies. I can coaster-wheelie a bicycle in my sleep, but the new dirt squirt has exposed the weakness of my dirt bike skills.

Anyways, that's enough of the personal pronoun, this feels like grandstanding. :blah: Looking forward to meeting some of you hosers! :cheers:

Hello, all! Pleased to be here. I'm Cy and I'm a cycle addict. Thanks for having me.

Sacramento has been my home for a decade now, and some of the best people I know here "came from the internet"- so I'm here in your base hoping to make more good friends to ride new places with. As dirt bikers, we're pretty much the creme de la creme, so I love you all already- even if you ride a KTM. :P

Just kidding, I'm the proud owner of my first Kaboom (300XC, my first 2 stroke dirt bike). The 300 is so much fun that my other bikes gather dust (HVA SM610, Kwak crotch rocket). I'm a spastic noob on the dirt bike, but have been riding street bikes for 20 years now. My current mission is to learn slow wheelies. I can coaster-wheelie a bicycle in my sleep, but the new dirt squirt has exposed the weakness of my dirt bike skills.

Anyways, that's enough of the personal pronoun, this feels like grandstanding. :blah: Looking forward to meeting some of you hosers! :cheers:
Never heard of a Husky called a HVA, assuming that's what it is...learn something new everyday.......as for the KWAK...you can them anything you want...:P
:cheers: Hey Cy, welcome to DBA.

What kind of riding do you do? Have any pictures of your bike?

Pic's of the KTM and Husky...you know where I stand with KWAK's........sounds like a duck! :smirk:

Oh yea, welcome!

Thanks gents [I presume]!

Mostly singletrack, James, which is my favorite. Love the nasty tech-gnar sections and trying to be inch-perfect with line selection (which i'm far from being). Lately been riding a friend's property South of here where we have a billiard-table-flat packed sand "go fast, turn left" track, and some whooped out sand tracks. We ride most of the local OHV areas and venture as far afield as Sand Mountain in Nevada and the Oregon dunes. My dad just bought a place in Florence, OR, so it looks like lots of dune riding in the future for me (Woohoo!)

Yeah, HVA being an easy abbr. for Husqvarna. If you're looking for a Kawi freak to make fun of, I'm your man- I love Kawis, for some reason. No brand loyalty here, though, I like 'em all.

Don't have any good pics of the new bike, just a fuzzy cell phone pic. Will try to get some shots on Saturday of the super-tacky dirt we'll be riding. The Husky shot is old, but it still looks the same- screwing around on a rainy day:

8jan11.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

Thanks gents [I presume]!

Mostly singletrack, James, which is my favorite. Love the nasty tech-gnar sections and trying to be inch-perfect with line selection (which i'm far from being). Lately been riding a friend's property South of here where we have a billiard-table-flat packed sand "go fast, turn left" track, and some whooped out sand tracks. We ride most of the local OHV areas and venture as far afield as Sand Mountain in Nevada and the Oregon dunes. My dad just bought a place in Florence, OR, so it looks like lots of dune riding in the future for me (Woohoo!)

Yeah, HVA being an easy abbr. for Husqvarna. If you're looking for a Kawi freak to make fun of, I'm your man- I love Kawis, for some reason. No brand loyalty here, though, I like 'em all.

Don't have any good pics of the new bike, just a fuzzy cell phone pic. Will try to get some shots on Saturday of the super-tacky dirt we'll be riding. The Husky shot is old, but it still looks the same- screwing around on a rainy day:

8jan11.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

That SM610 pic is just badass :thumb:

:cheers:
I should mention that the photo credit for both goes to my good buddy [code name Ripon]. He takes nice pics, even with the scuzzy cell phone. The latter pic makes me smile, as we almost didn't ride due to the rain, but instead we ended up ripping everything in sight and having a great time.

:cheers:
I should mention that the photo credit for both goes to my good buddy [code name Ripon]. He takes nice pics, even with the scuzzy cell phone. The latter pic makes me smile, as we almost didn't ride due to the rain, but instead we ended up ripping everything in sight and having a great time.

Nice pics...as for poking fun at Kwaks as you call them. I do so only because James rides one or at least did!

Welcome to the site man. Don't worry about us picking on you for having a Kaw, we have James for that :P. Glad to see you join, :thumb: have some roost!!!!

hahaha! No worries, we can take it. :P I keep waiting for someone to give me grief for wearing a Kawasaki t-shirt while having an orange bike in the bed, but nobody seems to notice, or care. :cry:

James

Staff member
hahaha! No worries, we can take it. :P I keep waiting for someone to give me grief for wearing a Kawasaki t-shirt while having an orange bike in the bed, but nobody seems to notice, or care. :cry:
:lol: Well I've gotten crap for wearing an orange helmet, that and also a KTM jacket. :bonk: