Hello,

Thanks for the welcome y'all!

I'm feeling guilty for not taking any pictures Saturday (after I said I would). Ended up riding solo and got myself stuck in a canyon that I couldn't climb out of. It looked do-able on my way down, but a downed tree blocking the line made it so I couldn't make the climb out. Tried six times, failed six times. Tried to make a new line, failed three times on that one. Ended up spending an hour sweating buckets and bulldogging the bike up the hill. When I finally got out, I was too wasted to even pull out the camera. Made it back to the truck and went home with my tail between my legs.

Not much fun, but at least I didn't inflict the bike carry event on anyone else, and I learned that my dumb a** needs to pay attention to what I descend.

I feel your pain! I ride solo too often, and get myself into nasty situations! Ugh! I've been lucky so far, but some time in the future, my luck will run out! Last spring, I spent 2 hours at the bottom of a STEEP ravine trying to kick over a Honda 650R in a driving rain. It took me 5 tries to get out, and many wet, muddy, nasty dirt naps!

:smirk: between bouts of wanting to spew up my breakfast I was giving thanks that my new bike is fairly light- don't think I would have been able to lift a 650R out of there. Then again, with a 650R, I might have been able to make the hill. The 300 has an awesome tractor mode right off idle, but it wants to loop or spin, where the XR would probably just roost right up. Now I'm wanting to find out, I'm going to have to revisit that trail next weekend to see if the 4 strokes make short work of it. :ride:

The valley I was stuck in was a "V"! No chance to run up to it! I had to get up the opposite face, just a couple of feet, flip, and come down and kiss the front fender in first gear! The bike wasn't the problem! Although kicking over a 650 on a hill after you dumped it can be problematic! I motored up on torque alone in first gear!:banana:

I can still hear the sound of a big motor digging deep!

Welcome Chinglespeed:wave:

SuMo:drool:

Backin it N in the rain:thumb: Yea baby:banana:

Nice to meet ya. If we ever get a street ride planned down here in So Cal you'll have to come down with the bikes. Do a day in the dirt and a day in the canyons and coast.

Hi Sun! We're fairly spoiled up here with the paved roads in the Sierras but you have most of the nice desert, I'd love to come down and kick up some dirt with you Southern ( :P ) cats. I'll be keeping an eye on the planned ride threads and intend to make at least one SoCal ride this year. Wouldn't want to live in the desert, but it's always nice to visit- those wide open spaces and long vistas are good for the soul. Looking forward to roosting with you, and improving SoCal/ State of Jefferson relations! We'll solve the world's problems over some brews and a campfire. :cheers:

Hi Sun! We're fairly spoiled up here with the paved roads in the Sierras but you have most of the nice desert, I'd love to come down and kick up some dirt with you Southern ( :P ) cats. I'll be keeping an eye on the planned ride threads and intend to make at least one SoCal ride this year. Wouldn't want to live in the desert, but it's always nice to visit- those wide open spaces and long vistas are good for the soul. Looking forward to roosting with you, and improving SoCal/ State of Jefferson relations! We'll solve the world's problems over some brews and a campfire. :cheers:

I like the way you think......:thumb:...I'd roost ya but I got to spread it around a little.

thanks rez, I'll survive without it... Save it for the next DBA anonymous meeting, there's nothing like emptying a pound of sand from your jersey 'cause you stopped within roost-range of your buddies. :smirk:

I'll just be truck camping it, but I do have the luxury of a nice camp shower system. Climbing into clean sheets, grit-free after a day of rolling around in the dirt is pure bliss!

thanks rez, I'll survive without it... Save it for the next DBA anonymous meeting, there's nothing like emptying a pound of sand from your jersey 'cause you stopped within roost-range of your buddies. :smirk:

I'll just be truck camping it, but I do have the luxury of a nice camp shower system. Climbing into clean sheets, grit-free after a day of rolling around in the dirt is pure bliss!

THAT reminds me of a trip we took to JV out to what we call "the little dunes"...we all know that who ever eats it is "fair game for roosting". Some kid that was somehow related to the host of the trip was ALL mouth the entire night and day before the ride...He wanted to go with us we looked at each other gave the approval nod (evil grin underneath the full face helmets) and off we went...we get out there, pull up on our favorite dune and watch the bafoonery. The kid decided it was time to try some duning...he was doing alright going straight up and down until he decided to turn while going up. We ALL saw it happen, he dumped it, we couldn't get our bikes started fast enough (no e-start back then) :foul:(don't know why I'm cursing cuz I still don't have it)...I could here my wiife (she rode too) DON'T HURT HIM...TOO MUCH) :smirk:...by the time we were half done he gave up trying to move and just sat there WHICH called for the finally...We all parked, aimed and covered his little ass! :ride:. He sure was quiet the rest of the weekend.......:banana: