Hello from Washington!!

Badass man. You're only about an hour drive from me.:thumb:
Some of the best bikes for riding around here are euro 2 strokes, especially for the single track. For your size, a 250 or 300 would work great......

Im only 160lbs, so my 200 does great.
254526_214966068543618_100000906795480_610393_2388802_n.jpg

Some of the best bikes for riding around here are euro 2 strokes, especially for the single track. For your size, a 250 or 300 would work great......

Im only 160lbs, so my 200 does great.
254526_214966068543618_100000906795480_610393_2388802_n.jpg

*drools* I seem to have wet myself! Hahahaha that is a very nice bike. Are your suggestions 2 stroke? I don't know it they make 300 4 strokes......Do they?

For right now, just trail stuff. But if I can work up the courage, I'll ride Motocross. I'm in Quincy Washington. There are a few MX tracks around here. Toes MX track is only a half hour drive. But those jumps are huge. I'm also 6'0. And 250 lbs. Haha told hyou I was bigger. If I was lighter, I would probably ride a 250f.
You're not too far from me! Ever been to the track in Airway Heights? You can roll all the jumps out there if you'd want to. Easy track, but you can also go really fast if you want as well. Shoot if my 53 year old dad, who doesn't jump anything can handle the track without any issues, it's an easy track. You don't need much courage to ride out there. You should try it out sometime if you're in the area and won't mind spending $25... :smirk:

*drools* I seem to have wet myself! Hahahaha that is a very nice bike. Are your suggestions 2 stroke? I don't know it they make 300 4 strokes......Do they?
I said European 2 strokes haha...

But, I did ride a txc310 the other day, which is a husqvarna 4 stroke...

James

Staff member
Was that a fat joke? Lmao, just kidding man. Hahaha I would probably get bored on a 250f.
:lol: No it actually wasn't, heck for all I know you're 6' and 250 lbs of solid muscle, enough to kick my arse into tomorrow. :shocked: :P

250f's (125's even more so) will give you better "skills" as you have to get your technique down to go faster. 450f allow you to be lazy and just power out of most things.

:lol: No it actually wasn't, heck for all I know you're 6' and 250 lbs of solid muscle, enough to kick my arse into tomorrow. :shocked: :P

250f's (125's even more so) will give you better "skills" as you have to get your technique down to go faster. 450f allow you to be lazy and just power out of most things.
In the woods you cant be lazy on a 450 mx bike or you will get hurt quick. :prof: 250f's are much easier to ride, and ride fast hands down...

Lmao, you guys are my kind of people. Ahaha I know that wasn't a fat joke James. I'm just messing with you. Lol I like saying that to people. Ahaha I'm not fat, but I'm not solid muscle either. I'm just big. Well I certainly don't want to be lazy on a dirt bike. Haha I want to develope technique and skill. The reason I was thinking a 450 is because I'm sure at some point I'd get onto an MX track. And I want a bike with enough power to get me over all the jumps no matter the distabce, seeing as I'm bigger and all. So I don't think a 250f will have enough power for that. Or a 250 smoker. Do they? I know technique will be involved no matter which 250 I choose. Like feathering the clutch, and shifting properly and all that. But I've heard people saying you have to ride a 250f harder to keep the revshigher so you can maintain speed..........

James

Staff member
I want a bike with enough power to get me over all the jumps no matter the distance
One word, "momentum".

If you can keep your momentum up in corners (via proper technique), the size of the engine isn't that important. One reason 450f's are popular, especially with beginners as that they'll take a corner pretty slow and then use the 450's power to get over the jump. Instead of railing the corner to keep your speed (momentum) up, so that you can clear the next jump.

However due to your weight you're an exception, I would probably get a 450f. :P

:lol: My 125lbs body can't handle a 450f, so don't plan on seeing me on one anytime soon. :facepalm:

Dont worry about all of that feathering the clutch stuff until you are confident on your bike, just learn to ride it first :thumb: If you are dong track and trail for 2t id say YZ250 for 4t you have to use an MX bike, but its your choice :thumb:

BTW welcome to the forum :banana: