Height issue...

I'm 5'5 (so 5,6ish with boots..:facepalm:), so 85/crf150rb is no problem. Am i tall enough to move to a 250f?

You should be as long as you have the proper set up. First thing to do is set your sag, you can find how by looking under the How To sction, so curtiously written by Jackson409 if I'm not mistaken. This should let your bike properly sink under your weight when you climb on. If nessassary you can purchase a lowering link for your suspension, but you should be fine.

I'm 5'4, I race a kx250f. I seem to be doing just fine! :thumb: I did have to make my own starting blocks out of wood though... the regular metal ones were to short haha. the only time I have an issue is stopping... I gotta get my butt halfway off the seat to touch haha..
It's not a big deal.. like I said I'm 5'4, and it's fine for me.

Thanks guys ! Yes I'll set the sag when i get the bike then. Yeah i tried just to sit on a crf250r and it was like that, butt hanging down the side :lol:. Nice, a kx250f is what I'm looking to buy :thumb:. Also I'm pretty much a novice, 250f good to learn on or crf150rb a better way to go for a couple months or so ?

Contact a guy named James here! He'll tell you everything you need to know! :P:lol:

You are from England, huh? Awesome! :thumb: Can you do me a favor and kick Jeremy Clarkson in the "gentleman's area" for me? Tell him it's from "The Colonials" ?:banana:

James

Staff member
I'm only a tad taller then you and like onedream said, a common issue is stopping/standing. You won't notice anything while riding, except for the seat sometimes hitting you in the :moon: in the whoops. About the only problem I have is starting the bike, it's kind of hard to get a full kick being short and wearing knee braces. :bonk:

Contact a guy named James here! He'll tell you everything you need to know! :P:lol:

You are from England, huh? Awesome! :thumb: Can you do me a favor and kick Jeremy Clarkson in the "gentleman's area" for me? Tell him it's from "The Colonials" ?:banana:
:facepalm: Don't mind him, I'm guessing that he's on his 5th beer by now. :smirk: :poke:

I'm 5'1 and can ride a 125 perfectly fine starting it is easy, being able to reach the ground is easy. I am going to shave the seat down an inch or two though. For a short person a tall bike feels much taller when they first get on it. After you get used to the bike it for some reason feels much shorter :thinking:

I'm only a tad taller then you and like onedream said, a common issue is stopping/standing. You won't notice anything while riding, except for the seat sometimes hitting you in the :moon: in the whoops. About the only problem I have is starting the bike, it's kind of hard to get a full kick being short and wearing knee braces. :bonk:

:facepalm: Don't mind him, I'm guessing that he's on his 5th beer by now. :smirk: :poke:

Anybody in England knows who Jeremy Clarkson is...and why he needs a kick from our "colonial" point of view!

James...:noidea:

:naughty:

:poke:

:thumb: yup I am ! :lol: yeah I'll get that arranged, very funny, once Clarkson went inside a "portaloo" (transportable toilet..) at a race in the uk and members of the public stuck tires in front of the door :lol: AND caught it on camera and put it on TV, probably on Youtube too :lol:. In fact, here it is http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=rclytxSsoGk:P

:thumb: yup I am ! :lol: yeah I'll get that arranged, very funny, once Clarkson went inside a "portaloo" (transportable toilet..) at a race in the uk and members of the public stuck tires in front of the door :lol: AND caught it on camera and put it on TV, probably on Youtube too :lol:. In fact, here it is http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=rclytxSsoGk:P

Ok, been wondering is it possible to stand to the right of the bike and kick with your left leg ? Or is the kick arm too high. :thinking:

I'm 5'1 and can ride a 125 perfectly fine starting it is easy, being able to reach the ground is easy. I am going to shave the seat down an inch or two though. For a short person a tall bike feels much taller when they first get on it. After you get used to the bike it for some reason feels much shorter :thinking:

Yeah just geting used to it i suppose :thinking: like my mountain bike, i set the seat really high to try out, felt ridiculous at first but now it's no problem!

James

Staff member
Ok, been wondering is it possible to stand to the right of the bike and kick with your left leg ? Or is the kick arm too high. :thinking:
No it's a lot easier to do sitting on the bike. The best thing is to find something to stand on or lean against, while starting it.
Sorry heres a link of the JC video that acctually works :doh:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=GB#/watch?v=rclytxSsoGk
:lol: And yet another FAIL! :smirk:

The mobile version of YouTube can be a :bleep: at times. :foul:

Here try this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rclytxSsoGk