Handguards

Well, Im getting new bars (2011 stock ktm) and some 30mm bar risers.... going to run the bark busters if i race the desert 100 on april 1st, then maybe save up for some asv, sunline or arc levers

Found these for $50
ktm_asv.jpg

Cycra Probend, run them low enough to not break you wrists, and high enough to slap branches and brush away. They do a great job protecting your levers as well. I always hear the broken wrist story but have had many flying "W" wipe out over the bars and still no broken wrists. Rez, I forgot to tell you, you need to run yours lower than you have them.

I run my Cycra Probends low. I just did a flying W. caught my right wrist pretty good. Lucky I did not break it. Since then I have been rethinking cda's logic. However, with as much woods riding as we do up here the cycras are needed.

What to do :noidea:

I run my Cycra Probends low. I just did a flying W. caught my right wrist pretty good. Lucky I did not break it. Since then I have been rethinking cda's logic. However, with as much woods riding as we do up here the cycras are needed.

Ride without doing the over the bars flying W. :prof:

Ride hard or stay home...

I just picked up a new to me bike on Sunday and wanted to test it out so I hit the trails on the way home. The bike did not have hand guards. Didn't like it at all. I kept worrying about falling over and breaking a lever and I nailed my hand a few times on tree branches. Just installed some Cycras on last night. The Cycra's dip down on the side and I run mine on the lower end so there is less chance of getting my arm stuck in them. With the slow technical stuff I like to ride, hand guards are mandatory unless I wanted to carry along a few xtra levers in my pack.

I just picked up a new to me bike on Sunday and wanted to test it out so I hit the trails on the way home. The bike did not have hand guards. Didn't like it at all. I kept worrying about falling over and breaking a lever and I nailed my hand a few times on tree branches. Just installed some Cycras on last night. The Cycra's dip down on the side and I run mine on the lower end so there is less chance of getting my arm stuck in them. With the slow technical stuff I like to ride, hand guards are mandatory unless I wanted to carry along a few xtra levers in my pack.
I ride tighter woods than most, here is my last ride, no bark buster, no flex levers
ASV_C5_Unbreakable_Clutch_Lever_Silver.jpg

No I have these though
ASV_C5_Unbreakable_Lever_Silver.jpg

James

Staff member
No barkbusters just looks so MX bro-ish :prof:
:noidea: I ride MX. :smirk:

I could see myself using some of the roost protector ones though, however not true "bark busters" as there's no need for them on the track.

same experience, although I didn't know him, I watched a guy go over the bars and break his wrists like twigs, mine got taken off and have been off ever since
Was it because he held on and then ended up getting his stuck between the guards and bars? :shocked:

Who cares about levers when your fingers are smashed?
:noidea: A smashed finger hurts and you'll probably loose your nail, but it's at least free. :D

IMG_20110730_235555-1.jpg

:noidea: I ride MX. :smirk:

I could see myself using some of the roost protector ones though, however not true "bark busters" as there's no need for them on the track.

Was it because he held on and then ended up getting his stuck between the guards and bars? :shocked:

:noidea: A smashed finger hurts and you'll probably loose your nail, but it's at least free. :D

View attachment 6409
yup, he caught a whoop wrong and started to go over, it happened so fast he didn't really have time to think about staying with the bike or not :noidea: