Guys compete no matter what.....

leatt are not 1 size fits all. :prof:

i was gonna buy one off james and it would not fit me.

also 500 bucks compared to 40 bucks... you could buy a new one every year for 10 years and its still cheaper

Huh??? 500$? Mine was 260$ Brand new, from a shop too..

I did forget, they come in Med and Large, don't they...

guess i was wrong i thought they were more expensive.
leatt are prolly one of the best as far as protection goes. it will offer a lot more protection then the evs. but for a little kid the EVS is fine and will do its job. Now if you are hitting 60 ft jumps and riding on a track with lots of other riders like a race you should get something like the leatt

126.jpg

Some great post, vids and words of advise here, dealing with ex's, relationship with kids and gear. Enjoy your hobby with your new son. :thumb:

EVS's are great and inexpensive, both my kids and myself have worn. I agree with Travace, perfect choice for kids who trail ride, plus they outgrow their gear way too fast. Does not restrict movement, easy to get used to. Last Xmas, I moved my oldest to a Leatt, paid $275 at Cycle Gear. Figured it would work well for him for several years. He likes it better than the EVS, the weight is evenly distributed, says he doesn't notice it being on. I've made the neck brace/support just as important as a helmet. Both my boys know the rules... no gear = no ride. They've been very compliant wearing all their gear, now it's 100% habit for them. I feel good about this, as in 4 yrs my oldest will be 18. Won't be long before he'll want to head out alone with his buddies. This will be the time when I hope all I've done to lead by example in gearing up correctly has hopefully stuck with both my kids when I'm not around to enforce.

Thanks everyone. I just got my daughter a KX100 and I'm working on getting gear for her. Its harder cause she has to match....:lol::lol:

I remember those days. Also, don't forget to get pink plastics, or graphics for that scooter. Girls are such a pain in the ass.:smirk:

Thanks everyone. I just got my daughter a KX100 and I'm working on getting gear for her. Its harder cause she has to match....:lol::lol:

:thumb:

If matching gear, plastics and floral princess graphics is all it takes to get her out there, your golden! I can hardly get my youngest interested in riding, he'd rather sit in the motorhome all day and play Lego's.