Guys compete no matter what.....

Okay most you know I got married to a gal that I went to High school with (Should have just married her then) anyways she has a boy and a girl. Their real dad treats them like dirt and has never gave his son crap. Well when my wife and I got together and I found out he liked bikes I told my wife we are buying him a bike for his birthday so I can have a riding partner. So guess what. His dad finds out and runs out and buys him a XR70. Kinda pisses me off cause prick never cared anything about his boy until I came around. Anyways the cool think is now he will have a XR70 and a 65sx.

Here is the shitty thing. His dad just gave him the bike and helmet and said here you go...go learn. Yeah and he can ride it with no one around or anything. (No boots, to gloves, no chest protector, nothing but the helmet.) Anyways I guess the good thing is he will have some experiance under his belt when he gets the 65SX this weekend.

Anyways he gets a new helmet, chest protector, gloves, boots, jersey and everything this weekend. Atleast I know he will be protected when we ride.

so now the kid will have 2 bikes... damm what a stoked kid ... :thumb: for getting him properly geared up Bryce.

anyhow it shouldnt piss you off that the father wants to do something for his kid... even if it is only because of you. You should feel proud that you are not only raising this kid but also lit a fire under his biological fathers ass to do something for his kid. just remember its ALL about the kid and not the male figures ego.

PS... i dont see it on the list but definitly get a neck brace of some sort. Those big helmets on little kids, they need it.

Okay most you know I got married to a gal that I went to High school with (Should have just married her then) anyways she has a boy and a girl. Their real dad treats them like dirt and has never gave his son crap. Well when my wife and I got together and I found out he liked bikes I told my wife we are buying him a bike for his birthday so I can have a riding partner. So guess what. His dad finds out and runs out and buys him a XR70. Kinda pisses me off cause prick never cared anything about his boy until I came around. Anyways the cool think is now he will have a XR70 and a 65sx.

Here is the shitty thing. His dad just gave him the bike and helmet and said here you go...go learn. Yeah and he can ride it with no one around or anything. (No boots, to gloves, no chest protector, nothing but the helmet.) Anyways I guess the good thing is he will have some experience under his belt when he gets the 65SX this weekend.

Anyways he gets a new helmet, chest protector, gloves, boots, jersey and everything this weekend. At least I know he will be protected when we ride.
Props to you for stepping in on these two precious kids that your wife has. Totally cool that you are giving him a bike and starting that relationship and you will have a great riding partner. I know, I did that same thing with my son. He was 18 months old when he walked into my life and he is the best riding partner I have (I can't wait for him to come home soon so we can ride again). Word of caution, I know it blows that you are dealing with a dad that will not do anything for him until you come along, but do not try and compete against him. This is his father and a few things can happen. 1. you cause strain on the relationship between you and your son, or 2 your son will take advantage of it and use you both. 3. you will set yourself up for disappointment. Great that you are gearing him up from head to toe and just make sure you explain he importances of why he should be wearing all the gear all the time. You will not have control over what he does when he is at his dad's and he can even undo the gear importances when he is over there.

You should be proud though that since you are taking interest in him, his dad is stepping up somewhat and getting involved. I raised 3 kids in this situation and it always haves its challenges. I could spend an awesome day in the desert with my son riding to be put back on the shelf when we get home because his dad is his dad. But 17 years of being there for them and trying to be the best father I can be and not interfere with their dad (unless it was a custody issue) has paid off. 2 of 3 kids have legally changed their last name to mine and one of them is my Son.

Sorry Bryce, I did not mean to hack your thread, but you are starting a life that sounds like it will mirror mine so I thought I would write this down.

Good luck on the riding and make sure you get lots of pictures and video to share with us.:thumb:

What a douch for stealing your thunder,, oh well, he won't want to ride that 70 after he crosses that 65 :smirk:

haha my wife was pissed but I told her the same thing. Once he gets on that 65 that 70 will feel like a turd. Only thing I worry about is I hope he doesn't get use to the way that 70 responds then hammer it on the 65.:shocked:

so now the kid will have 2 bikes... damm what a stoked kid ... :thumb: for getting him properly geared up Bryce.

anyhow it shouldnt piss you off that the father wants to do something for his kid... even if it is only because of you. You should feel proud that you are not only raising this kid but also lit a fire under his biological fathers ass to do something for his kid. just remember its ALL about the kid and not the male figures ego.

PS... i dont see it on the list but definitly get a neck brace of some sort. Those big helmets on little kids, they need it.

haha its kinda funny. My wife says....."You ride in Levi's and a helmet, yet you buy your son, boots, gloves, jersey, pants, chest protector, and every little thing you can think of?" I just laugh and nod my head.:smirk:

Guess you could say I'm a little :banana:

haha its kinda funny. My wife says....."You ride in Levi's and a helmet, yet you buy your son, boots, gloves, jersey, pants, chest protector, and every little thing you can think of?" I just laugh and nod my head.:smirk:

yea i think back to when i was a kid... if all this gear was a requirement to ride i would have never rode as a child.

Maybe you should think about getting all the gear as well. You will be telling him the importance of wearing the gear and he will ask you why you don't wear it. What are you going to tell him?

yea i think back to when i was a kid... if all this gear was a requirement to ride i would have never rode as a child.

haha no joke.

You know I look at it this way though. I didn't have it as a kid so I want him to have it. I didn't have newer bikes I had old junk. I would have killed to have the bike he is getting for his birthday. Guess I want him to enjoy the experiance and learning. I will never forget my XR80 it was a reliable little bike but that think may as well not even had a suspension.:lol:

Maybe you should think about getting all the gear as well. You will be telling him the importance of wearing the gear and he will ask you why you don't wear it. What are you going to tell him?

Have you been talking to my wife? Thats is what she said! I plan on getting all the gear. Just haven't footed the bill yet. Trust me I want the gear. I have the scars and such to show from not having it. :smirk:

Have you been talking to my wife? Thats is what she said! I plan on getting all the gear. Just haven't footed the bill yet. Trust me I want the gear. I have the scars and such to show from not having it. :smirk:
Who said anything about talking....:devil:

Props to you for stepping in on these two precious kids that your wife has. Totally cool that you are giving him a bike and starting that relationship and you will have a great riding partner. I know, I did that same thing with my son. He was 18 months old when he walked into my life and he is the best riding partner I have (I can't wait for him to come home soon so we can ride again). Word of caution, I know it blows that you are dealing with a dad that will not do anything for him until you come along, but do not try and compete against him. This is his father and a few things can happen. 1. you cause strain on the relationship between you and your son, or 2 your son will take advantage of it and use you both. 3. you will set yourself up for disappointment. Great that you are gearing him up from head to toe and just make sure you explain he importances of why he should be wearing all the gear all the time. You will not have control over what he does when he is at his dad's and he can even undo the gear importances when he is over there.

You should be proud though that since you are taking interest in him, his dad is stepping up somewhat and getting involved. I raised 3 kids in this situation and it always haves its challenges. I could spend an awesome day in the desert with my son riding to be put back on the shelf when we get home because his dad is his dad. But 17 years of being there for them and trying to be the best father I can be and not interfere with their dad (unless it was a custody issue) has paid off. 2 of 3 kids have legally changed their last name to mine and one of them is my Son.

Sorry Bryce, I did not mean to hack your thread, but you are starting a life that sounds like it will mirror mine so I thought I would write this down.

Good luck on the riding and make sure you get lots of pictures and video to share with us.:thumb:

Thanks CDA not sure why I didn't see this post earlier.:thinking: You know I have my dad to thank for doing the same thing. My real father was a loser and I am who I am today because of my dad. He took us in and gave us more then I ever realized. He tried to show us the world and let us experiance everything he could. I know I gave him a rought time here and there and was a pain in the butt, but I sure am glad that he hung in there. I know I will never be his biological father but I plan to be the best father I can be. He seems to love everything I do so that is nice and he likes that big ole lens taking pictures at his baseball games so I think I have a good shot. :smirk: My wife says she thinks I'm more excited to give him the bike then he is going to be getting it but I don't care. I'm jacked!

Thanks CDA not sure why I didn't see this post earlier.:thinking: You know I have my dad to thank for doing the same thing. My real father was a loser and I am who I am today because of my dad. He took us in and gave us more then I ever realized. He tried to show us the world and let us experiance everything he could. I know I gave him a rought time here and there and was a pain in the butt, but I sure am glad that he hung in there. I know I will never be his biological father but I plan to be the best father I can be. He seems to love everything I do so that is nice and he likes that big ole lens taking pictures at his baseball games so I think I have a good shot. :smirk: My wife says she thinks I'm more excited to give him the bike then he is going to be getting it but I don't care. I'm jacked!
:thumb:

That is cool for him! You should let him try out a little of each kind of riding and see what he likes best. Riding keeps alot of kids out of alot of trouble, and track does an even better job IMHO. Build him some jumps out back!