Got a new SUV

James

Staff member
Yep.... Thats I give just 4k more for my 08 f150 brand new :smirk: ... Reg cab long bed 2wd XL model though.
Which is a POS compared to a 4x4 Supercrew Lariat. :P

Oh and I pitty the guy who bought it new, pretty sure it was a $50,000+ truck. :lol: :facepalm:

My truck is a work truck... And i give 18k for it.. Brand spankin new... No carpet... manual windows... AC cd tilt cruise ...Tow package..heavy duty batt and alt...3.73's i added the locker B&M trans cooler... cloth seats...cheap everything :D... What i didnt like i changed into aftermarket.. Or added Ford OEM myself.

Most people that buy the 50k truck don't use them as a work truck

which is why they are 50k... I dont need a truck with heated leather seats and all those other bells and whistles but thats what they are because the guy in the business suit needs a 50k truck to substantiate his status as a mans man that wears a suit.

which is why they are 50k... I dont need a truck with heated leather seats and all those other bells and whistles but thats what they are because the guy in the business suit needs a 50k truck to substantiate his status as a mans man that wears a suit.
Exactly. This is one of my biggest pet peve's. Trucks are so expensive because soccer moms want them to go get grocery's and the "bro's" feel the need to have them now to prove that they don't have small penis's or something. Trucks are made for hauling things, not for social status

I'm just gunna get one of these, forget a 50k trucks when i'm making bank.
Mazda-RX-8.jpg

James

Staff member
My truck is a work truck... And i give 18k for it.. Brand spankin new... No carpet... manual windows... AC cd tilt cruise ...Tow package..heavy duty batt and alt...3.73's i added the locker B&M trans cooler... cloth seats...cheap everything :D... What i didnt like i changed into aftermarket.. Or added Ford OEM myself.
I'd much rather get a 2-3 year old vehicle as that's when you get the best bang for buck. It's insane how much value you lose in the first 2 years, or heck even just driving it off the lot. For example a 2011 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat is ~$47,000 MSRP and that same truck used (10k miles) is ~$39,000 (Clean Retail). :shocked: :bonk:

Oh don't get me started on leasing. :lol:

A loaded 2012 F150 Supercrew Lariat has a sticker price of $51,850. A 36 month lease is $517 per month with $5,762 down. So in 3 years you've paid $24,374 and you don't even own the truck. :facepalm:

I'd much rather get a 2-3 year old vehicle as that's when you get the best bang for buck. It's insane how much value you lose in the first 2 years, or heck even just driving it off the lot. For example a 2011 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat is ~$47,000 MSRP and that same truck used (10k miles) is ~$39,000 (Clean Retail). :shocked: :bonk:

A loaded 2012 F150 Supercrew Lariat has a sticker price of $51,850. A 36 month lease is $517 per month with $5,762 down. So in 3 years you've paid $24,374 and you don't even own the truck. :facepalm:

That's just awful.
And it's a 150! What about us guys that need a 4x4 F250 with the diesel and crew cab?

I ..... Uhhh.. Need to borrow some parts :cry:

I'm glad I bought my truck then, so I can feel good about myself when I pull up to work everyday in my suit. Because I sure did not buy my truck to pull my 5th wheel and load up the bikes in the back for day rides, or the Mountain bikes, or haul the boat, load some dirt, bricks, furniture, etc. Oh yeah and what a waste of time having the nice leather heated seats so my wife is happy heading out to the desert on cold winter days which with that option makes her more willing to go camping more....:thinking: should have bought a stripped down half ton.
Exactly. This is one of my biggest pet peve's. Trucks are so expensive because soccer moms want them to go get grocery's and the "bro's" feel the need to have them now to prove that they don't have small penis's or something. Trucks are made for hauling things, not for social status
Yeah I put a 6" lift on my truck so my penis and balls would not drag on the street...:smirk:

James

Staff member
I'm glad I bought my truck then, so I can feel good about myself when I pull up to work everyday in my suit. Because I sure did not buy my truck to pull my 5th wheel and load up the bikes in the back for day rides, or the Mountain bikes, or haul the boat, load some dirt, bricks, furniture, etc. Oh yeah and what a waste of time having the nice leather heated seats so my wife is happy heading out to the desert on cold winter days which with that option makes her more willing to go camping more....:thinking: should have bought a stripped down half ton.
:lol:

You don't really fit in that group as you actually use the "truck", however you might be surprised how many trucks are driven as cars.