Got a new SUV

James

Staff member
You need a drop hitch to level out that trailer kid.
Actually this is about right, the truck needed a 6" drop hitch to level the trailer. :bonk:

Good, now you can drive your gas savin ass out here and ride with all of the old dudes! :thumb: Oh, and bring your bikes! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!
But excuses are the only thing that I have going for me. :moon: Just ask Mr. Flashy.

James

Staff member
I bet you have had this for a few days.... But have been been googling comebacks for owning a Sporty van :smirk:
Lol I should've, however thankfully I stopped caring about what other people think about that type of stuff.

I started driving it last week, but didn't buy it until this Tuesday.

James

Staff member
I'm sure its like my soon to be trailer hitched honda accord, laugh all you want, I get to the races and back while getting 25 mpg.
go ahead, laugh, I don't care :)
Exactly, drove ~50 miles last night (picked up my suspension) and averaged 27 mpg. :rocker:

So glad I didn't go with an Explorer. :thumb:

Actually this is about right, the truck needed a 6" drop hitch to level the trailer. :bonk:

Sorry knucklehead, a trailer to be properly mounted to the back of the tow vehicle should be "real" close to level. That set up looks like you just need help loading the bike into the back so you are dropping it as low as you can to help. :moon:

To get back to something more serious, what it the tow rating of that rig James? I think it maxes out at 3500 pounds with the V6 and 1500 pounds with the 4 banger. I'd bet that you trailer is over 1500 for sure, but under 3500. Ford also specs minimal frontal area numbers of 30 and 24 sqft.

From your mpg reports I'm guessing that you have the V6 so you should be good.