Good luck onedream!

aweosme stuff.. if oyu do make the olympics this will be the first time i will watch that event :lol: when the time comes you have to let us know who you are so we can root for ya

Okay, I'm TOTALLY stoked to learn there's figure skater onboard here!! I had no idea you skated onedream, that's awesome!! I guess if I spent more time on here I would've known. Not too many of us that moto and skate!! I began around age 9 and quit when I was 15. I was a USFSA Member and completed my 3rd test, landing all my doubles, except a double axel. When I skated, part of our test included compulsories (which I hated). But, IMO were a staple in discipline, even for freestyle. I'm surprised they haven't brought back as a requirement in competition. Anyway, quitting is something I have sorely regretted, but I continue to skate for fun on occasion. My husband got me new boots and blades which he had custom made for me up in San Fran. Sadly, have not had my new blades set, still have the temp screws in (moto boots have taking over :)). I will say, skating has been a great foundation on many levels, especially for moto.

I skated at Glacier Falls in Anaheim (the rink has long since closed). I did a few ice shows shows there. We had a great group and some awesome coaches. To date myself, one of my coaches won a Gold Medal Nationals and the other skated on the Donny and Marie Osmond Show back in the 70's, lol. We don't have many rinks left where I live. When I do skate, I use the double rink where the Anaheim Duck's practice. Anyway, just thought I'd share if you read this and let you know there's another moto and former skater here. SOOO COOL!! :banana::banana:

Can't wait to hear how you did! Best wishes to you!! :thumb::thumb:

Okay, I'm TOTALLY stoked to learn there's figure skater onboard here!! I had no idea you skated onedream, that's awesome!! I guess if I spent more time on here I would've known. Not too many of us that moto and skate!! I began around age 9 and quit when I was 15. I was a USFSA Member and completed my 3rd test, landing all my doubles, except a double axel. When I skated, part of our test included compulsories (which I hated). But, IMO were a staple in discipline, even for freestyle. I'm surprised they haven't brought back as a requirement in competition. Anyway, quitting is something I have sorely regretted, but I continue to skate for fun on occasion. My husband got me new boots and blades which he had custom made for me up in San Fran. Sadly, have not had my new blades set, still have the temp screws in (moto boots have taking over :)). I will say, skating has been a great foundation on many levels, especially for moto.

I skated at Glacier Falls in Anaheim (the rink has long since closed). I did a few ice shows shows there. We had a great group and some awesome coaches. To date myself, one of my coaches won a Gold Medal Nationals and the other skated on the Donny and Marie Osmond Show back in the 70's, lol. We don't have many rinks left where I live. When I do skate, I use the double rink where the Anaheim Duck's practice. Anyway, just thought I'd share if you read this and let you know there's another moto and former skater here. SOOO COOL!! :banana::banana:

Can't wait to hear how you did! Best wishes to you!! :thumb::thumb:

Dang, are Donnie and Marie still alive???? :devil:......:smirk:...sorry had to throw that in there.

Way to go OneDream...........:thumb:...:thumb:...:thumb:...:banana:

James

Staff member
So when will we know if she made it?

aweosme stuff.. if oyu do make the olympics this will be the first time i will watch that event :lol: when the time comes you have to let us know who you are so we can root for ya
:lol: Ditto!

thanks guys!!! you're all super awesome!!! I'm one of those people that has to focus on multiple things to keep up with something.. so, figure skating and motocross haha. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!!! always good to hear good things about my skating other then getting flack from all the guys at the track haha :thumb:

thanks guys!!! you're all super awesome!!! I'm one of those people that has to focus on multiple things to keep up with something.. so, figure skating and motocross haha. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!!! always good to hear good things about my skating other then getting flack from all the guys at the track haha :thumb:

I am totally impressed One. :thumb:

Well...it IS figure skating... :P :smirk:

James

Staff member
always good to hear good things about my skating other then getting flack from all the guys at the track haha :thumb:
:lol: I'm guessing that a "figure skater" smoking them on the track doesn't help their pride/ego much. :thumb:

What I find amazing is that you aren't just in two (completely) different sports, you're actually good at both. Sure I can play other sports, however I utterly suck. Not that I'm any good at MX though. :pout:

:lol: I'm guessing that a "figure skater" smoking them on the track doesn't help their pride/ego much. :thumb:

What I find amazing is that you aren't just in two (completely) different sports, you're actually good at both. Sure I can play other sports, however I utterly suck. Not that I'm any good at MX though. :pout:

haha.. I'm pretty good at messing with guys egos... definitely have an 'A' in that subject haha. and... aaww, I'm sure you're pretty good right? at least you can ride and love it too..