Gearbox Oil

Got a new clutch for my KX100. Always used regular motor oil for the gearbox, but I've heard great things about using ATF. Wanted some second opinions before I soak my plates in ATF.

Also, it's a tusk clutch if any of you were wondering :thumb:

Got a new clutch for my KX100. Always used regular motor oil for the gearbox, but I've heard great things about using ATF. Wanted some second opinions before I soak my plates in ATF.

Also, it's a tusk clutch if any of you were wondering :thumb:
I usually run spectro 80w gear oil, or clutch saver, can remember the brand just know that it's in a blue bottle. my 125 hasn't seen anything riding wise except the gear oil strictly because of shear stability.

I usually run spectro 80w gear oil, or clutch saver, can remember the brand just know that it's in a blue bottle. my 125 hasn't seen anything riding wise except the gear oil strictly because of shear stability.

Have you ran ATF in any previous bikes?

Am I dreaming or do I recall clutch manufactures saying to NOT run synthetics with their clutches?
only one I can think of is Rekluse.
My honda's maual recommends a full synthetic without moly, its not so much the oil as it is certain additives (like moly)

only one I can think of is Rekluse.
My honda's maual recommends a full synthetic without moly, its not so much the oil as it is certain additives (like moly)

I recall EBC saying to not use synthetic also :noidea:

Does anybody know what oil the manual suggests on my bike?

I run ATF every once in awhile, Most of the time i run Mobil 1 Motorcycle oil. Always soak plates in ATF.

My dad wants to try his 90wt gear oil :poke:

I want to try 80wt maxima gearbox oil.... Or just use 10w40 engine oil :noidea: :cry: :confused: :lost: :scared: