All Free Lunch At The Husky

If you can name ONE instance in the history of man where compromising or giving common ground to a tree/cactus hugger ever stopped their onslaught of take... take.... and then take some more... I'll buy you lunch for a YEAR !

The problem with meeting someone half way who has an agenda to stop motorized sport is after you meet them half way... you go back to riding... thats what you do. They go back to working against riding... THATS WHAT THEY DO !
By the very nature of it you cannot ever compromise enough to get them to stop their life's work.

Buying that airfare ticket everyday for me so you can buy me lunch is gonna suck after the 1st week...

There is common ground for rational people... You love the desert, they love the desert for the same reasons. The only thing you cant agree on is use... I can't even pretend to know your struggle as I have NO WHERE to ride legally here in NJ unless its private property or NJ's only MX track.....
Its been my experience that both parties are extreme and I have dealt with naturalists when developing property. I was also able to meet on common ground with them and work with them to help protect their intrests and mine. Once you get pass the initial puffs of hot air then just like you and I they want it around for their children to enjoy.

Well we've lost millions of acres. And by it's nature an environmentalist is NOT looking for compromise. They are looking for stopping motorized use. They know if they talk sweet... get you to compromise today they got an inch. No you go ride. You think they STOP THERE. You think they are all done in this lifetime ? Thats what they do... is take and take.

Read their website... they are involved in stuff across a 500 mile area... in several counties and locals. This is not for their kids. It's a HOBBY. It's not one issue or locale. It's a land grab to stop motorized sport and power companies ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE.

I am not an extremist by any stretch of the imagination. You just haven't seen the scale these people play on. Or come to understand their true agenda. Todays compromise can ONLY lead to another one tomorrow.

Well we've lost millions of acres. And by it's nature an environmentalist is NOT looking for compromise. They are looking for stopping motorized use. They know if they talk sweet... get you to compromise today they got an inch. No you go ride. You think they STOP THERE. You think they are all done in this lifetime ? Thats what they do... is take and take.

Read their website... they are involved in stuff across a 500 mile area... in several counties and locals. This is not for their kids. It's a HOBBY. It's not one issue or locale. It's a land grab to stop motorized sport and power companies ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE.

I am not an extremist by any stretch of the imagination. You just haven't seen the scale these people play on. Or come to understand their true agenda. Todays compromise can ONLY lead to another one tomorrow.

I don't get it if we don't use the desert then who Does. These Cactus huggers can't possibly hike all the dirt bike trails in their life time. I have seen some stuff deep in the desert that they could only dream of seeing.

We have the same problem here in Vegas. They shut down riding spots because there are endangered plants in a certain area. So we can't ride there because if we run them over they die. But 3 months later they are out in the same spot grading land for Solar Panels! :foul:

Then they shut another spot down because there are desert tortoises out there and they are endangered so we can't ride there anymore so what do they do they put a fence up. NOW since nobody is allowed over there they have found four dead bodies there in the last 6 months.

Another spot they shut down for the special desert flower or some shit and then they let a hug builder level all the land and put up half a housing development up. IT is total BS and I agree 100% with you there will never be a compromise with them. it just so happens I want to save the desert for my kids as well. They just happen to ride motorcycles.

Probably not as good as J&B's.
http://www.jawbone.org/foj/downloads/public outreach flyer.pdf

I hope this isn't the begining of the end of the Husky.

To tell you the truth I'm kind of amazed that the Husky is still there. I'd be willing to wager that they will be there spouting the Ed Waldheim line. Stay on the designated trails and all.

I wonder how many of those red closed markers encircle the Husky today?

All I can say is --> Ride while you can.

Between riding at night with a plated bike, I'll be riding for as long as I'm able.

I hear ya... I said I'd never own a RED steeker bike... but I do now... and I'll be riddin AZ RED all over town and back soon... and it's LEGAL as can be !

If the BLM can stick red in the ground on every trail... so can I :smirk:

Done with losing ground. :rant:

To tell you the truth I'm kind of amazed that the Husky is still there. I'd be willing to wager that they will be there spouting the Ed Waldheim line. Stay on the designated trails and all.

I wonder how many of those red closed markers encircle the Husky today?

Between riding at night with a plated bike, I'll be riding for as long as I'm able.

All those red stakes are coming from the Ridgecrest BLM. I don't know if the Barstow office is just slow at it, or I had heard that they were opposed to the whole idea, and weren't going forward with it. I'm sure with the judges decision in now, it's only a matter of time.:rant:

well... i got a taste of freedom out there in the reno area and i like it.... i am so fucking sick of cali im ready to go awall and move the fuck out..... i was shocked the police didnt fuck PBK for riding a 2stroke on a highway. everyone there is like of course not whats the problem? .... im realizing cali has made me a paranoid motherfucker.

I am considering making the ride up there on Sunday just to see what this is all about and what kind of bullshit they are trying to sell or push on the people who show up. No one will ever know what went on unless we have a mole. Anyone interested in this covert operation?

I find it strange they would pick this weekend to do this. Have you ever been out there on an off weekend? There are not many people to be found out there. Now if they went out on Thanksgiving they would be in hog heaven with people. And why would they be out there for both days as well? They are going to be sitting out there twiddling their thumbs.

I find it strange they would pick this weekend to do this. Have you ever been out there on an off weekend? There are not many people to be found out there. Now if they went out on Thanksgiving they would be in hog heaven with people. And why would they be out there for both days as well? They are going to be sitting out there twiddling their thumbs.

Or pounding Red Stakes.:rant:

I always ride off weekends... almost never holidays... but I do it because I get the desert to myself. Your point well taken. I hope you do go and listen to what is said. I would but I'll be in the Sequoias destroying the forest on a motorized machine of disaster.

I'll offer this shot in the dark opinion. They have no interest in this conversation. They are doing it to have Photo PR. They can post it on their site to make others believe that they work with the OHV community. It makes them look less extreme. But thats it. They want nothing... expect nothing from the meeting. They want the fewest of us to deal with. The least amount of hassle and food to buy. They just want the photos and occasion to be done and over with so they can say to the GREEN STICKER fund that they are a pro OHV land lover... and probably have already started writing their next grant request to get OHV dollars.

The entire Cal City area knows Green Money is out there to be had with the right spin. Take a look at their web site again. 50% of the content is about MONEY... asking for it. Thats what this is about. Have a meeting... feed some dirt bikers... get a Green Sticker Fund Grant for fencing and or trail closures. If you go please ask how many Green sticker grants they have received... requested... plan to request... and for what projects specifically !'m sorry I can't be there cause I would nail this down... or at least make them squirm while NOT answering direct questions.

THIS IS ABOUT MONEY