Other four stroke wont start top end rebuild

What about the rings tho, from what i ve read once they break in, they never seat the same if you remove them?

Wouldn't sweat it too much....I've had small coolant and oil leaks while breaking in a motor, I just re check the fasteners and run it again, usually it seals. Just clean up the leak area, re torque the fasteners, and you probably be fine.

SRAD97750

Staff member
What about the rings tho, from what i ve read once they break in, they never seat the same if you remove them?
I know for sure switching cylinders with used rings is a no-no, but disassembling an engine for a routine preventative maintenance inspection such as ring end gap measurement is perfectly fine and will not do any damage if the same components are used. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I know for sure switching cylinders with used rings is a no-no, but disassembling an engine for a routine preventative maintenance inspection such as ring end gap measurement is perfectly fine and will not do any damage if the same components are used. -BIG DAN:thumb:
There is this myth about "disturbing" the rings on an engine once they seat. In actuality they move and do complete rotations in the lands as the engine runs. Of course this doesn't apply to a pinned two stroke engine.